Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Daniel Henze <dh...@googlemail.com> on 2010/04/07 22:19:14 UTC

VerificatonError in Tapestry 5.1.0.5: method: mDECIMAL signature: ()V) Stack size too large

Hi everyone,

I'd love to make a contribution to Tapestry with my first mailing to the
list, but it's yet another newbie issue.

The above issue has apparentely been solved (according to this jira
issue: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-913), but yet no new
stable release has been released. I don't really know why that issue
appears, since it happened all the sudden after upgrading the AppEngine
SDK to 1.3.2.  I tried downgrading, but no change, so I must have been
changing something else. Can't recall, since it was in the middle of
putting everything onto Source control.

Since I'm new to Tapestry, so I'd like to stick to the proven, stable
releases and am wondering when the next ones about to be released that
includes the fix for that particular issue.

Thanks in advance
Daniel

Re: VerificatonError in Tapestry 5.1.0.5: method: mDECIMAL signature: ()V) Stack size too large

Posted by Alex Kotchnev <ak...@gmail.com>.
Daniel,
   in this case, although 5.2 is not released yet, I'd recommend using a
snapshot build for 5.2 . Dealing w/ the local dev server GAE issues is a
major pain in the rear , and trying to hack it w/ 5.1.x you'd just waste
your time.

   The 5.2 snapshots are stable enough unless you plan to deploy to
production in the very near future (which it seems you're not going to)

   Alternatively, you could get the 5.1.x release from SVN, then just apply
the patch for TAP-913 (which is very limited in scope) and work w/ a patch
5.1.x code. Building T5 using maven is no big deal.

Regards,

Alex K