Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Gonzalo Esteban <ge...@altransdb.com> on 2003/01/21 19:12:16 UTC

Service Deployment

Hi everybody. I am new with Apache SOAP, I am using the 2.3 version, and I am trying to deploy my first service using Apache SOAP and Tomcat Server 3.2.4

I wrote my Client and server "HelloWorld" Applications in Java, and I deployed the server application using the SOAP admin tool on my web browser and seting the URN of the service to an invented "urn:hello"

But if I try the service with my Client App, I get a

SOAP-FAULT: Server.BadTargetObjectURI

message error.
Does anyone know how can I solve it?, where I have to put my server class?, or any other information on how I have to deploy a simple application on my tomcat-soap system?.

Thanks a lot!.
Gon.

Re: Service Deployment

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.

On 22 Jan 2003 at 14:17, Gonzalo Esteban wrote:

> Thanks a lot, but I already did that with the urn
>     urn:demo1:hello
> and I deployed my server application on Tomcat adding
> to the server.xml file:
>
> <Context debug="0" docBase="webapps/demo1" path="/demo1" reloadable="true">
>  </Context>
>
> I placed my server application in "/webapps/demo1" directory.

Your services classes need to be part of the Apache SOAP webapp, or
they may work if placed in $CATALINA_HOME/classes (assuming they
don't have dependencies on Apache SOAP).  You cannot create a
separate webapp with just your service classes, as class loaders do
not see across webapp boundaries.

> Does anyone know where is the problem of the
>     SOAP-FAULT: Server.BadTargetObjectURI
> error?
>
> Thank you very much for any help you could bring me.
> Gon.

Scott Nichol

Re: Service Deployment

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.

On 22 Jan 2003 at 14:17, Gonzalo Esteban wrote:

> Thanks a lot, but I already did that with the urn
>     urn:demo1:hello
> and I deployed my server application on Tomcat adding
> to the server.xml file:
>
> <Context debug="0" docBase="webapps/demo1" path="/demo1" reloadable="true">
>  </Context>
>
> I placed my server application in "/webapps/demo1" directory.

Your services classes need to be part of the Apache SOAP webapp, or
they may work if placed in $CATALINA_HOME/classes (assuming they
don't have dependencies on Apache SOAP).  You cannot create a
separate webapp with just your service classes, as class loaders do
not see across webapp boundaries.

> Does anyone know where is the problem of the
>     SOAP-FAULT: Server.BadTargetObjectURI
> error?
>
> Thank you very much for any help you could bring me.
> Gon.

Scott Nichol

Re: Service Deployment

Re: Service Deployment

Re: Service Deployment

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
The client must specify the same URI in its code as the URI you
specified when deploying the service (urn:hello).

On 21 Jan 2003 at 19:12, Gonzalo Esteban wrote:

> Hi everybody. I am new with Apache SOAP, I am using the 2.3 version,
> and I am trying to deploy my first service using Apache SOAP and
> Tomcat Server 3.2.4
>
> I wrote my Client and server "HelloWorld" Applications in Java,and I
> deployed the server application usingthe SOAP admin tool on my web
> browser and seting the URN of the service to an invented "urn:hello"
>
> But if I try the service with my Client App, I get a
>
> SOAP-FAULT: Server.BadTargetObjectURI
>
> message error.
> Does anyone know how can I solve it?, where Ihave to put my server
> class?, or any other information on how I have to deploy a simple
> application on my tomcat-soap system?.
>
> Thanks a lot!.
> Gon.

Scott Nichol

Re: Service Deployment

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
The client must specify the same URI in its code as the URI you
specified when deploying the service (urn:hello).

On 21 Jan 2003 at 19:12, Gonzalo Esteban wrote:

> Hi everybody. I am new with Apache SOAP, I am using the 2.3 version,
> and I am trying to deploy my first service using Apache SOAP and
> Tomcat Server 3.2.4
>
> I wrote my Client and server "HelloWorld" Applications in Java,and I
> deployed the server application usingthe SOAP admin tool on my web
> browser and seting the URN of the service to an invented "urn:hello"
>
> But if I try the service with my Client App, I get a
>
> SOAP-FAULT: Server.BadTargetObjectURI
>
> message error.
> Does anyone know how can I solve it?, where Ihave to put my server
> class?, or any other information on how I have to deploy a simple
> application on my tomcat-soap system?.
>
> Thanks a lot!.
> Gon.

Scott Nichol