Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by El...@LILYTECH.COM on 2001/12/12 08:13:47 UTC

How can i convert jetspeed into chinese version???

   Hi,all!
   Sorry to bother you!
   I'm a student form china.I knew jetspeed about half a month ago.I think
it's a good idea to build infomation portal with it!Firstly,i say thanks to
those who contribute to it!
   During using it,i met some questions,i have solved some of them,but i
don't know how to convert it into chinese version until now!In the web
page,i can use chinese,but it could not work correctly when i login again.I
find that something is wrong when it writes files!Is it useful to modify
its source code or change some configuration files?If so,how can i do
it?Would you like to give me some advice?
  Need your help!Waiting good message from you!
  Thanks!

Re: How can i convert jetspeed into chinese version???

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
The conversion to any language involves:
o Creating and customizing a JetspeedLocalization_xx.properties
   file in
<jetspeed-home>/WEB-INF/classes/org/apache/jetspeed/modules/localization
    where xx is the language code
o Creating language specific copies of the supplied .vm and .jsp
   files in <jetspeed-home>/WEB-INF/templates/*.  As an example the
   Spanish language specific version of
templates/vm/layouts/html/default.vm would be called
templates/vm/layouts/html/es/default.vm, es is the language code for
spanish.

Although this is not a complete answer, I Hope this helps.

Paul Spencer