Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado <ga...@aguilardelgado.com> on 2009/11/17 16:43:37 UTC

Getting window size

Hi all,

I have a portlet that shows a BIRT report. The problem is that I need to
resize the chart of the
report according the portlet size.

The question is:

Is there any way to get the window size of the portlet?

Is there any example?

I can resize the chart but need to know what size to resize... :d

Tnx

Re: Getting window size

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Gonzalo,

AFAIK, there's no portlet standard way to retrieve the portlet window size currently.
However, if you have a chance to use client side script before retrieving the size info from your server-side code, then you can depend on Jetspeed specific html markups.
Most Jetspeed layout templates write a div tag for each portlet window with setting the id of the div tag to the portlet window id.
For example, you can find html tags of a portlet window in a portal page like this:

To find the portlet window id with Jetspeed-2 api, you can code like this:

import org.apache.jetspeed.request.RequestContext;
import org.apache.jetspeed.container.PortletWindow;
RequestContext rc = (RequestContext) renderRequest.getAttribute(RequestContext.REQUEST_PORTALENV);
String windowId = rc.getCurrentPortletWindow().getWindowId();

By the way, I've searched on the internet about how to detect the size of div tag with javascript and some people recommend to use 'div.offsetHeight' and 'div.offsetWidth'.

Regards,

Woonsan

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Hi Gonzalo,