Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "squallmat ." <sq...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/19 12:49:17 UTC

double select and ajax

Hi,

I have two selects on my page, each one ajax updating a zone containing
these two selects.
When i change the value of a select, the value of the other disappear. Is
there a way in the method onValueChanged to save or reaffect the value of
the other select ?

I hope i'm clear...

Re: double select and ajax

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
Depending on your use case, you may need each select to know the other
select's value. In which case you could use the observe mixin to send both
values when either changes (and an optional context).

http://tapestry-stitch.uklance.cloudbees.net/observedemo

Re: double select and ajax

Posted by Geoff Callender <ge...@gmail.com>.
Is it essential to have them in the same zone?
You might get some ideas from here:

	T5.4: http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/examples/ajax/selectdependency1
	T5.3: http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/ajax/selectdependency1

Geoff