Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2022/08/15 10:28:01 UTC

Board report for August

Here's what I just posted on Whimsy -- comments/edits are welcome in
this thread:

The mission of Apache Ambari is the creation and maintenance of software
related to Hadoop cluster management

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Ambari was resurrected from the Attic on 2022-06-17 (2 months ago)
There are currently 15 committers of which all are members of the PMC. The
Committer-to-PMC ratio is 1:1.

## Project Activity:
Project has mostly been focused on re-establishing its PMC and governance
principles. There has been a critical issue reported which the PMC is handling
together with the ASF security team.

Recent releases:
- ambari-2.7.6 (2022-07-04)
- ambari-2.6.2 (2022-07-04)

## Community Health:
Our current PMC appears to be fully engaged and actively working on adding
more PMC and committers to the project. There's a healthy level of interest to
start producing new releases, but that will take a few months.

Re: Board report for August

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Done on both!

Re: Board report for August

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.

> I'm ambivalent on how we cover them -- we can put the old dates in.
> Should we?

+1

Thanks

Re: Board report for August

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 2:08 PM Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks @Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>  for drafting the report.
>
> 1. How about the description like below..?

> Apache Ambari simplifies provisioning, managing, and monitoring of Apache
> Hadoop clusters.

We can't change the description - that's in our project board resolution.

> 2.  How about mentioning recently added PMC's compared to last report.
> Maybe it might not be required as it's recently resurrected..?

Sure -- that could be useful -- let me update the report.

> 3.  Looks like "Recently release" dates need to be checked..? Or as we
> changed the links hence we can keep..?
>
> Is this accurate? I am not aware of recent release votes, and according
> to GitHub 2.7.6 was released on 11/12/2021 and 2.6.2 on 4/30/2018.

Technically -- that's when we re-uploaded them to ASF's dist server. But
they were produced way before, of course.

Re: Board report for August

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Board report for August

Posted by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org>.