Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by John <jo...@quivinco.com> on 2013/03/06 18:00:01 UTC

Tapestry Architecture Diagram

Hi,

Are there any Tapestry 5 architecture diagrams around?

I'm looking for a depiction of the page/components servlet interface, app server and tapestry IoC container etc...

John

Re: Tapestry Architecture Diagram

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 14:00:01 -0300, John <jo...@quivinco.com> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> Are there any Tapestry 5 architecture diagrams around?
>
> I'm looking for a depiction of the page/components servlet interface,
> app server and tapestry IoC container etc...

Page and components don't usualy use the Servlet API directly. That's done
only when Request, Session and Response don't provide all the features
HttpServletRequest, HttpSession and HttpServletResponde have, and that's a
rare ocorrence. Tapestry doesn't use an application server (as in Java EE)
itself, so it makes no sense. It runs on the top of any Servlet container.
Tapestry is built on using Tapestry-IoC, which gives it huge flexibility.

So here's a diagram! :D

Tapestry -> Tapestry-IoC

Servlet container

Now, seriously, there are two very important diagrams for you to
understand how the Tapestry works:

1) Not exactly architecture, but still very important: Tapestry's page
lifecycle: http://tapestry.apache.org/component-rendering.html.

2) The diagram in the bottom of
http://tapestry.apache.org/request-processing.html. There's a lot of stuff
there you'll never need to touch, but it's quite nice to have this diagram
to look at when you want to plug something into the Tapestry's internal
pipelines.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo