Posted to dev@solr.apache.org by Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ic...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/20 10:22:31 UTC

New home for DataImportHandler

Hi all,
I had reached out to Rohit, current maintainer of DataImportHandler (
github.com/rohitbemax) regarding new releases. He requested me to take over
the ownership of the repository since his current role doesn't allow him to
make FOSS contributions without due process and approvals. In the interest
of the community, I have transferred the repository to
https://github.com/SearchScale/dataimporthandler. I shall be making a
release from that repository shortly (hopefully, within Solr 9.3 timeframe).

If someone from the community wants to support the continued development of
the project, kindly let me know and I'll add him/her to the repository as a
maintainer. If you're using DIH in production, it would be valuable to have
you joining the maintainers and keep the project alive.

Thank you Rohit for your help in keeping DIH alive till now. I hope the
reduction in active development for dataimporthandler can now be a thing of
the past and it can be developed with new contributors joining in. If there
are any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thanks and regards,

--
Ishan Chattopadhyaya
* Solr Consultant, SearchScale