Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Rajesh Mallah <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/23 10:09:40 UTC

Re: [off topic] New Implementation - OfBiz - redgrape.tech - Indian context

Yeah LetsEncrypt has made SSL far more accessible now .

[OffTopic] :  SSL (everywhere)  is really needed , in one instance a
popular ISP in India
                   was intercepting each plain http request its client was
making and pilfering it to a
                   third party . This was clearly visible even with client
side "Web developer Tools" in
                   firefox . This had its own impact on the application
responsiveness.

                  A switch to SSL (using letsencrypt certs)  provided an
immediate relief at least to my
                  client. but i feel that pilferage is still continuing for
majority of users visting NON-SSL sites.

regds
mallah.