Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/08 17:12:12 UTC

Status report on XmlSchema 2.0

So far, I've accomplished the following:

1) Consistent property names. 'name' is now always a name relative to
the containing schema. 'QName' is now always the name relative to the
schema collection: {tns}name. 'wiredName' is the name for use on the
wire, as influenced by 'form' and 'ref'.

2) Common classes to manage named items.

3) Removal of things that were never implemented at all, such as
'compilation' and Java types.

4) Removal of obsolete 'two-argument toStrings' that generated incorrect XML.

Next up is to change to using Java parameterized collections directly,
removing XmlSchemaObjectCollection.

I'll publish a snapshot when I have that done.