Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ravi Verma <ra...@telecommand.com> on 2002/06/14 21:13:53 UTC

Tuning Tomcat

Dear Friends,

My team is working on deploy a heavy load transaction(1000 hits/sec)
application on Apache and Tomcat. We are using HP-UX 9000.

We are using load balancing feature of Tomcat. So far we have experienced
that the loadbalancer runs out of memory. It would be nice if Tomcat would
spawn multiple JVMs to cater to the requests. A single process can attach to
up to 3 G of memory. If we could spawn three JVMs we could attach to 9 G of
memory.

Does any one of any idea or experience with this?

Regards.

Ravi Verma
916 705 3261