Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Albert Lee <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/02 22:11:42 UTC

OpenJPA 2.2.0 release plan

This is a notice to the OpenJPA community that we plan to cut the long
awaiting 2.2.0 release in the coming week.

In preparation of this exercise, we will scrub and clean up existing JIRA
issues targeted to 2.2.0 version. If you are the owner of these issues that
are still in "Open" state, please determine and change their dispositions
accordingly. I.e. target to different version or resolve/close the issues.

We plan to copy trunk to 2.2.x branch on 2/6/2012 (Mon) and start the
release processing.

Please post your concerns, comments or suggestions (if any) to this dev
mailing list.

Albert Lee.

Re: OpenJPA 2.2.0 release plan

Posted by Albert Lee <al...@gmail.com>.
Until we formalize the new recommendation, I am going to stick with the
current 3 working days proposal unless we hear other objections or special
need from the community.

Monday or Friday release is as good as any other day of the week. Monday
actually gives the community a couple week-end days to react to the
proposal. Any choice would be an arbitrary choice and can be argued one way
or the other.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Albert,
> > Please post your concerns, comments or suggestions (if any) to this dev
> > mailing list.
> We should formalize that a notice for branching and code freeze on trunk
> must be at least of seven calendar days or five working days in advance. I
> have mentioned that before when Mark planned for a 2.2.0 branch.
>
> This is to give the community members a scope to discuss and complete their
> ongoing work.
>
> > We plan to copy trunk to 2.2.x branch on 2/6/2012 (Mon)
> Also a middle of the week is a better choice for a code freeze than Monday
> or Friday. Not only in this case, but in general.
>
> -----
> Pinaki Poddar
> Chair, Apache OpenJPA Project

Albert Lee.