Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Patrick Heiden <pa...@gmx.de> on 2008/04/11 21:16:47 UTC

pom.xml / Tomcat

Hello together!

I actually solved the problem with deploying my app to tomcat (thread: deploy tomcat). But my fault keeps my headache awake.

I have a somewhat rich domain-model, persisted with both, hibernate and jdbc. That model is inside my local maven repo. To keep my error-search simple, I fall back to the two blocks known from the tutorial (myBlock1 and 2, where 1 has a dependency to 2 inside pom.xml, both have a dependency to my domainModel).

I also used the simple webApp-Block out of the tut. Inside that blocks pom.xml there are dependencies to myBlock 1&2 and also the dependency to my domainModel. With that dependency given, there is no chance to get the app running inside tomcat (first there is a warning about servlet-api-2.3.jar and then the FATAL :error listenerLoad). As soon as I remove the domainModel-dependency out of the webApp-Block, everything is fine.

Why???

myDomainModel-Block was created by simple maven-block archetype, so is it possible that I have to state %exclude-libs for this block inside the cocoon-blocks rcl.properties. What I mean is: does the RCL affect final packaging of myApp??

Looking forwards to hints for this one,
best regards
Patrick

Re: pom.xml / Tomcat

Posted by Patrick Heiden <pa...@gmx.de>.
Much thanks for that!
Theory is fine so far, but I am in doubt about practical usage.
E.g. my DomainModel has dependency on spring-2.0.6 and EL has dependency on spring-2.5.1. So I feel like I MUST rely on 2.5.1, too, since exclusion would maybe result in errors with usage of EL, right? And if I force 2.0.6 I would be still in doubt about what happens to EL during runtime...

How can one decide wich deps are safe for exclusion (e.g. I have sample code with dep on spring-2.5.1 wich relies on asm-2.2.3. Hibernate needs asm-1.5.3 so exclusion of that would leed to errors, too, not?)?

Besides: I have no parent pom for the whole project, since I don't want to rebuild myDomainBlock every time (maybe this could be achieved by using modules and build parts of them with mvn -P option). For me it is only considerable to have parent pom for all cocoon-blocks.

Learning-circles always have some zero-crossings ;)

Best greetings,
Patrick
-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Re: pom.xml / Tomcat

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.

Re: pom.xml / Tomcat

Posted by Patrick Heiden <pa...@gmx.de>.
> Sorry, I've forgotten to activate logging, here an extendet version of
> tomcats output, maybe now you are able to see what is happening:

<snip actual-archetypes="somewhat-mixed-up-within-my-configuration" />

I would guess, that I've done something wrong with my archetypes. What versions for

cocoon-22-archetype-block-plain,
cocoon-22-archetype-block and
cocoon-22-archetype-webapp

are adviced to get used? repo1.maven.org states, that 1.0.0 is 'recommended', right? There are 1.1.0-SNAPSHOTS inside my local repo, should I use them?

It is a bit confusing (although logical), that mixing archetypes could result in such stuff (my fault!) if my guess is right. If it is, what should one do with blocks created by older archetypes? At this point (myself comming from Ant before) mavens pom could easily get into the way when one is trying to synchronize different frameworks dependencies. (I would say, that I have to repeat some maven-readings ;)

Best regards,
Patrick
--
Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free

Re: pom.xml / Tomcat

Posted by Patrick Heiden <pa...@gmx.de>.
Sorry, I've forgotten to activate logging, here an extendet version of tomcats output, maybe now you are able to see what is happening:

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /home/pepemuck/_opt/tomcat55
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /home/pepemuck/_opt/tomcat55
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home/pepemuck/_opt/tomcat55/temp
Using JRE_HOME:       /opt/jdk1.5.0_15
13.04.2008 21:56:28 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener lifecycleEvent
INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: /opt/jdk1.5.0_15/jre/lib/i386/client:/opt/jdk1.5.0_15/jre/lib/i386:/opt/jdk1.5.0_15/jre/../lib/i386
13.04.2008 21:56:28 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
13.04.2008 21:56:28 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 1021 ms
13.04.2008 21:56:28 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
13.04.2008 21:56:28 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.26
13.04.2008 21:56:28 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
INFO: XML validation disabled
[ERROR,ContextLoader,main] Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.apache.cocoon.el.objectmodel.ObjectModel': Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Error loading class [org.apache.cocoon.el.impl.objectmodel.ObjectModelImpl] for bean with name 'scopedTarget.org.apache.cocoon.el.objectmodel.ObjectModel' defined in URL [jar:file:/home/pepemuck/_opt/tomcat55/webapps/isacWebApp/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-pipeline-impl-1.0.0-RC2.jar!/META-INF/cocoon/spring/ObjectModel.xml]: problem with class file or dependent class; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/collections/map/AbstractMapDecorator
Caused by:
org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Error loading class [org.apache.cocoon.el.impl.objectmodel.ObjectModelImpl] for bean with name 'scopedTarget.org.apache.cocoon.el.objectmodel.ObjectModel' defined in URL [jar:file:/home/pepemuck/_opt/tomcat55/webapps/isacWebApp/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon-pipeline-impl-1.0.0-RC2.jar!/META-INF/cocoon/spring/ObjectModel.xml]: problem with class file or dependent class; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/collections/map/AbstractMapDecorator
Caused by:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/collections/map/AbstractMapDecorator
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:1853)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:875)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1330)
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1209)
        at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.forName(ClassUtils.java:201)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinition.resolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanDefinition.java:327)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.resolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1075)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.predictBeanType(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:465)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getType(AbstractBeanFactory.java:478)
        at org.springframework.aop.scope.ScopedProxyFactoryBean.setBeanFactory(ScopedProxyFactoryBean.java:92)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1162)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:425)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:251)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:156)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:248)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:284)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:352)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:244)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:187)
        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3764)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4216)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:760)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:740)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:544)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:926)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:889)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:492)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1149)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:311)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:120)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1022)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)
[ERROR,[/isacWebApp],main] Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
[...]
13.04.2008 21:56:36 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
FATAL: Error listenerStart
13.04.2008 21:56:36 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
FATAL: Context [/isacWebApp] startup failed due to previous errors
13.04.2008 21:56:37 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
13.04.2008 21:56:37 org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
13.04.2008 21:56:37 org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/33  config=null
13.04.2008 21:56:37 org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
13.04.2008 21:56:37 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 9490 ms

Best regards,
Patrick

Re: pom.xml / Tomcat

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Patrick Heiden pisze:
> Actually all Blocks (three :) depend on myDomainBlock:
> dependencies of my domain (plain maven block):

<snip/>

Here everything looks ok so it rather not Maven's mistake.

> And finally, the tomcat output:
<snip/>

> FATAL: Error listenerStart
> 13.04.2008 20:25:41 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> FATAL: Context [/isacWebApp-1.0-SNAPSHOT] startup failed due to previous errors

Ouch, that's certainly not enough to get idea what's happening. Are you sure this is everything that
Tomcat provides? This log does not explain which listener and why it failed. I have not used Tomcat
for some time but I remember it was logging much, much more than what you pasted here.

Have you checked $CATALINA_HOME/logs ?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: pom.xml / Tomcat

Posted by Patrick Heiden <pa...@gmx.de>.
Actually all Blocks (three :) depend on myDomainBlock:
dependencies of my domain (plain maven block):

[INFO] The following files have been resolved:
[INFO]    antlr:antlr:jar:2.7.6:compile
[INFO]    asm:asm:jar:1.5.3:compile
[INFO]    asm:asm-attrs:jar:1.5.3:compile
[INFO]    cglib:cglib:jar:2.1_3:compile
[INFO]    commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:2.1.1:compile
[INFO]    commons-dbcp:commons-dbcp:jar:1.2.2:compile
[INFO]    commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.0.4:compile
[INFO]    commons-pool:commons-pool:jar:1.3:compile
[INFO]    dom4j:dom4j:jar:1.6.1:compile
[INFO]    javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B:compile
[INFO]    junit:junit:jar:3.8.1:test
[INFO]    log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.14:compile
[INFO]    mysql:mysql-connector-java:jar:5.1.6:compile
[INFO]    net.sf.ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.2.3:compile
[INFO]    org.hibernate:hibernate:jar:3.2.2.ga:compile
[INFO]    org.springframework:spring:jar:2.0.6:compile
[INFO]    org.springframework:spring-mock:jar:2.0.6:test

dependencies of cocoon block1 (called isac)

[INFO] The following files have been resolved:
[INFO]    antlr:antlr:jar:2.7.6:compile
[INFO]    aopalliance:aopalliance:jar:1.0:compile
[INFO]    asm:asm:jar:1.5.3:compile
[INFO]    asm:asm-attrs:jar:1.5.3:compile
[INFO]    cglib:cglib:jar:2.1_3:compile
[INFO]    commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:3.2:compile
[INFO]    commons-dbcp:commons-dbcp:jar:1.2.2:compile
[INFO]    commons-io:commons-io:jar:1.3.1:compile
[INFO]    commons-jexl:commons-jexl:jar:1.0:compile
[INFO]    commons-jxpath:commons-jxpath:jar:1.2:compile
[INFO]    commons-lang:commons-lang:jar:2.3:compile
[INFO]    commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.1:compile
[INFO]    commons-pool:commons-pool:jar:1.3:compile
[INFO]    concurrent:concurrent:jar:1.3.4:compile
[INFO]    de.ifado:isac2:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT:compile
[INFO]    de.ifado:isacDomain:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT:compile
[INFO]    dom4j:dom4j:jar:1.6.1:compile
[INFO]    jakarta-regexp:jakarta-regexp:jar:1.4:compile
[INFO]    javax.transaction:jta:jar:1.0.1B:compile
[INFO]    junit:junit:jar:3.8:compile
[INFO]    log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.14:compile
[INFO]    mysql:mysql-connector-java:jar:5.1.6:compile
[INFO]    net.sf.ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.2.3:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.avalon.framework:avalon-framework-api:jar:4.3.1:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.avalon.framework:avalon-framework-impl:jar:4.3.1:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-configuration-api:jar:1.0.1:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-core:jar:2.2.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-expression-language-api:jar:1.0.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-expression-language-impl:jar:1.0.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-flowscript-impl:jar:1.0.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-linkrewriter-impl:jar:1.0.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-api:jar:1.0.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-components:jar:1.0.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-pipeline-impl:jar:1.0.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-servlet-service-components:jar:1.0.0-RC1:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-servlet-service-impl:jar:1.0.0-RC1:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-sitemap-api:jar:1.0.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-sitemap-components:jar:1.0.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-sitemap-impl:jar:1.0.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-spring-configurator:jar:1.0.1:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-store-impl:jar:1.0.0-RC2:runtime
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-template-impl:jar:1.0.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-thread-api:jar:1.0.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-thread-impl:jar:1.0.0-RC2:runtime
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-util:jar:1.0.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-xml-api:jar:1.0.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-xml-impl:jar:1.0.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-xml-resolver:jar:1.0.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-xml-util:jar:1.0.0-RC2:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.excalibur.components:excalibur-pool-api:jar:2.2.1:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.excalibur.components:excalibur-sourceresolve:jar:2.2.3:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.excalibur.components:excalibur-store:jar:2.2.1:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.excalibur.components:excalibur-xmlutil:jar:2.2.1:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.excalibur.containerkit:excalibur-instrument-api:jar:2.2.1:compile
[INFO]    org.apache.excalibur.containerkit:excalibur-logger:jar:2.2.1:compile
[INFO]    org.hibernate:hibernate:jar:3.2.2.ga:compile
[INFO]    org.springframework:spring:jar:2.0.6:compile
[INFO]    org.springframework:spring-aop:jar:2.0.6:compile
[INFO]    org.springframework:spring-beans:jar:2.0.6:compile
[INFO]    org.springframework:spring-context:jar:2.0.6:compile
[INFO]    org.springframework:spring-core:jar:2.0.6:compile
[INFO]    org.springframework:spring-web:jar:2.0.6:compile
[INFO]    rhino:js:jar:1.6R7:compile
[INFO]    xalan:xalan:jar:2.7.0:compile
[INFO]    xerces:xercesImpl:jar:2.8.1:compile
[INFO]    xml-apis:xml-apis:jar:1.3.02:compile
[INFO]    xml-resolver:xml-resolver:jar:1.2:compile

dependencies of cocoon block2 (called isac2)

[...]
[INFO]    net.sf.ehcache:ehcache:jar:1.2.4:compile
[...]

dependencies of cocoon web-app block (called isacWebApp)

[INFO] [dependency:list]
[INFO]
[INFO] The following files have been resolved:
[INFO]    antlr:antlr:jar:2.7.6:compile
[INFO]    aopalliance:aopalliance:jar:1.0:compile
[INFO]    asm:asm:jar:1.5.3:compile
[INFO]    asm:asm-attrs:jar:1.5.3:compile
[INFO]    cglib:cglib:jar:2.1_3:compile
[INFO]    commons-collections:commons-collections:jar:2.1.1:compile
[INFO]    commons-dbcp:commons-dbcp:jar:1.2.2:compile
[INFO]    commons-io:commons-io:jar:1.3.1:compile
[INFO]    commons-jexl:commons-jexl:jar:1.0:compile
[INFO]    commons-jxpath:commons-jxpath:jar:1.2:compile
[INFO]    commons-lang:commons-lang:jar:2.3:compile
[INFO]    commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.1:compile
[INFO]    commons-pool:commons-pool:jar:1.3:compile
[INFO]    concurrent:concurrent:jar:1.3.4:compile
[INFO]    de.ifado:isac:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT:compile
[...]

13.04.2008 20:25:32 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener lifecycleEvent
INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: /opt/jdk1.5.0_15/jre/lib/i386/client:/opt/jdk1.5.0_15/jre/lib/i386:/opt/jdk1.5.0_15/jre/../lib/i386
13.04.2008 20:25:32 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
13.04.2008 20:25:32 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 1053 ms
13.04.2008 20:25:32 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
INFO: Starting service Catalina
13.04.2008 20:25:32 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.26
13.04.2008 20:25:33 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
INFO: XML validation disabled
13.04.2008 20:25:33 org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deploying web application archive isacWebApp-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.sax).
13.04.2008 20:25:41 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
FATAL: Error listenerStart
13.04.2008 20:25:41 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
FATAL: Context [/isacWebApp-1.0-SNAPSHOT] startup failed due to previous errors
13.04.2008 20:25:43 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
13.04.2008 20:25:43 org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
13.04.2008 20:25:43 org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/29  config=null
13.04.2008 20:25:43 org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
13.04.2008 20:25:44 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 11368 ms

<snip/>

> Apart from that I'll need exact error message that Tomcat returns. I'm
> really curious what you will
> bring here. :-)

And I am really curious what leads me here ;)

Best regards,
Patrick

Re: pom.xml / Tomcat

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Patrick Heiden pisze:

>> You can depend on your myDomainModel from whatever block you want. It will be included only
>> once. It's a job of Maven to guarantee that.
>
> Here exactly is my problem: As soon as I add a dependency to myDomainBlock to more then one
> cocoon-Block (no matter if it is the web-app block or some usual cocoon-22-archetype-block) there
> is no chance to get the application run inside my tomcat. Is there any information I could state
> so that you are in better position to help me with that?

Ok, I agree that's something very weird.

I'll probably need dependency listing of myBlock, myBlock2, and myCocoonWebapp in case you have
dependency to domain added to myBlock and myBlock2.

Re: pom.xml / Tomcat

Posted by Patrick Heiden <pa...@gmx.de>.
Hello Grzegorz!

> > I still have to remove myDomainModel-dependency from cocoons web-app
> block to get the app running
> > inside tomcat. Clearly this can not be an RCL issue, due to the fact
> that RCL never 'touches' my
> > tomcat, but this is a little misterious, still. WDYT??
> >
> > Besides: I recieve the same error, when I put myDomainBlock-dependency
> inside another block (e.g.
> > myBlock2). Should there be only ONE dependency to myDomainModel? This
> would be confusing, since
> > some blocks should use this dep?
>
> To be honest, I'm lost with your problem now. If servlet API 2.3 is not
> included (there is no
> dependency on it) what is the problem?

Well, i solved the 2.3 problem. I had some outdated deps inside my domainModel-pom due to the usage of hibernate. This is no problem anymore ;)

Re: pom.xml / Tomcat

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.

Re: pom.xml / Tomcat

Posted by Patrick Heiden <pa...@gmx.de>.
Hi Grzegorz!

> Patrick Heiden pisze:

<snip/>

> > I also used the simple webApp-Block out of the tut. Inside that blocks
> pom.xml there are
> > dependencies to myBlock 1&2 and also the dependency to my domainModel.
> With that dependency
> > given, there is no chance to get the app running inside tomcat (first
> there is a warning about
> > servlet-api-2.3.jar and then the FATAL :error listenerLoad). As soon as
> I remove the
> > domainModel-dependency out of the webApp-Block, everything is fine.
> >
> > Why???
>
> AFAIK, C2.2 require servlet-api-2.4 for running. Could it be that your
> domainModel depends on 2.3
> version? You can check it running:
>
>    mvn dependency:list
>
> in your myDomainModel-Block.