Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Imtiaz Shakil Siddique <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/09 23:09:45 UTC

Document scores(boost)

Hello,
I've been using nutch 1.9/1.10 for about six months. One thing I noticed
that at each iteration(during parsing phase) nutch calculates document
boost(using Opic algorithm)

1. My question is how this score is adjusted with respect to all the
segments.

2. Another question is inside bin/crawl script what does the webgraph,
linkrank, scoreupdater,nodedumper do? Can anyone be kind enough to explain?

Thank you so much.
Imtiaz Shakil Siddique

Re: Document scores(boost)

Posted by Imtiaz Shakil Siddique <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hello Markus Jelsma,

So you are suggesting that I should
1. remove "scoring-opic" plugin
2. run the webgraph > linkrank > scoreupdater from /bin/crawl script
if I want to calculate document boost with all segments in hand.

It'd be very helpful if you could explain what these four things do ( webgraph,
linkrank, scoreupdater,nodedumper )

Thank you so much for the help.
Imtiaz Shakil Siddique

RE: Document scores(boost)