Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by evol__ <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/05 00:47:12 UTC

specify index location

hi everyone, my first post on this mailing list. let me just shout a big
thanks to everyone involved in this wonderful project. only working with
solr & lucene for a little while, and am already getting happy with the
results:)

the question is - is it possible to tell a solr instance the location of its
index (to set it to something else than <[solrhome]/data/index>?)

one of my indexes is fairly huge and i wouldn't like to copy it to my
machine from the server every time i reindex. the server solr instance needs
to run constantly since other parts of our system-in-work are using it (so
it's not suitable for developing on). the index i test my handlers with and
the server one must be identical for general comparibility.

i can map a server location as a local path.

thank you for your replies.
david p.

RE: specify index location

Posted by "Norskog, Lance" <la...@divvio.com>.
Snapshots are in that directory, and the spellchecker has its own
indexes under there.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.

Re: specify index location

Posted by evol__ <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Grant. Solrconfig.xml was the first place I looked into, but somehow
missed it *scratches head*...

Re: specify index location

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.