Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2022/11/07 16:38:00 UTC

[RELEASES] rc4 or vote?

Hi Martin, Eric, Geertjan, anyone else who wants to input ...

We'll need to make a call in the next week whether to produce another
release candidate or move to release vote.  Although I'd perhaps leave
the release vote until next week either way to allow a little more
testing of 16-rc3?

Thoughts?

There are a few PRs open against delivery and a variety of open
issues, nothing yet marked as high priority.  Although I'm not sure if
a few could be - eg. Gradle issue at
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues/4923 ??

Things currently marked with NB16 -
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/milestone/19

Issues opened against 16 release candidates -
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+%2216+release+candidate%22

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: [RELEASES] rc4 or vote?

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 10 Nov 2022 at 09:20, Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org> wrote:
> There is an interresting finding for windows users by ebakke
>
> https://github.com/apache/netbeans-native-launchers/pull/4
>
> could be potentially merge vote 72h and inject in RC4 ? or it it too short?

I saw that, although it's a long standing issue rather than a regression?

I was planning to build RC4 today so that what's in there can get some
testing.  If anyone wants to make a call that that needs to go in 16
we can always build RC5.

Incidentally,  I'd like to look at some other launcher problems in NB
17 timeframe - would be good to get JDK discovery working better.

Best wishes,

Neil

RE: [RELEASES] rc4 or vote?

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi,

There is an interresting finding for windows users by ebakke

https://github.com/apache/netbeans-native-launchers/pull/4

could be potentially merge vote 72h and inject in RC4 ? or it it too short?

Best Regards
Eric

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
Hi,