Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2012/01/06 11:14:49 UTC

Creating smaller CXF bundles

Hi all,

I wonder how much effort it would be to create smaller CXF bundles. I
know Dan investigated this some time ago.

What I have in mind is to create a bundle with cxf-rt-core and all its
dependencies and to make each other cxf project an independent bundle.
I remember there were some duplicated packages that create problems but
are these outside the core?

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: Creating smaller CXF bundles

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Just a status update on this.....

With all the changes I pushed the last couple days, all of the split package
issues are now resolved.  I need to update the Migration guide a bit as a few
minor things have changed, but for the most part everything is now resolved.

I also updated the parent pom so now all the jars get OSGi manifests.
common-utilities/api/rt-core are now fragments (cxf-api is the host) so that
now loads and resolves fine.  Also got the jaxb jar loading as a bundle.
That's about as far as I've gotten.   We need to go through all the other jars
and adjust the import version ranges and such (if needed), set any optionals
that should be marked optional, etc....

In any case, we have a starting point now.   :-)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: Creating smaller CXF bundles