Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Bill Rau <wj...@ymail.com.INVALID> on 2022/07/13 20:29:32 UTC

Download

I tried to download OpenOffice on my iMac and it would not let me finish doing so.  Said “cannot verify developer” and may contain malware.

I have it on my old Windows system and like it and want it here also.  Can you help?

Bill

Re: Download

Posted by David Robley <da...@robley.net.au>.
Please see the Mac section of
https://www.openoffice.org/download/common/instructions.html#apple -
Instructions for Downloading and Installing Apache OpenOffice 4.0, 4.1
Versions

On 16/7/22 15:02, Jack Newell wrote:
> Thanks Paul.  Yes, this problem seemed to escalate once I foolishly upgraded from Big Sur to Monterey.
>
>> On 16 Jul 2022, at 15:28, Paul Collins <sy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I can’t advise you further but suggest you might consider subscribing to ‘Mac Help’ forum; it’s free and hassle free. They rapidly responded to a query I sent them (to solve a different issue) they were courteous and responded swiftly and solved the issue effectively. Asking help is easy on their website.  Osxdaily.org is very helpful BUT I haven’t yet worked out how post a request for help on their site.
>>
>> I haven’t upgraded beyond Mojave because at App Store, to do so results in the System warning me that several NON Apple software packages will no longer work with ANY OS upgrade. So, unfortunately, I cannot help further but those forums are friendly, and FREE1
>>
>> GOOD LUCK, fellow Mac fan.
>>
>>> On 16 Jul 2022, at 3:05 pm, Jack Newell <ja...@icloud.com.INVALID> wrote:
>>>
>>> I run Monterey 12.4 and am having the same problem installing downloads.  When I attempt to quit Terminal I am asked “Do you want to terminate running processes in this window?”  And “Closing this window will terminate running process sudo.”  I then have two options: CANCEL and TERMINATE.  Then after making adjustments to Security and Privacy I am still unable to instal.  Any ideas?

Cheers
--
David Robley

Artist seeks Boss with vision impairment.

Re: Download

Posted by Jack Newell <ja...@icloud.com.INVALID>.

Re: Download

Posted by Paul Collins <sy...@gmail.com>.

Re: Download

Posted by Jack Newell <ja...@icloud.com.INVALID>.

Re: Download

Posted by Paul Collins <sy...@gmail.com>.
I run Mojave 10.14.6 on iMac late 2017 and had this problem. If you have ’System Preferences / Security & Privacy panel open, quit System Preferences (close it) and open Utilities Folder in Applications Folder.
Open “Terminal” app and in the widow that opens in Terminal, type the following command syntax EXACTLY
sudo spctl --master-disable

(I used Copy/Paste command as set out at osxdaily.com <http://osxdaily.com/>  website <https://osxdaily.com/2016/09/27/allow-apps-from-anywhere-macos-gatekeeper/ <https://osxdaily.com/2016/09/27/allow-apps-from-anywhere-macos-gatekeeper/>>.)

Terminal will ask you to enter (System) “Password:-“
Type your password and Quit ‘Terminal’.

From desktop, reopen System Preferences/ Security & Privacy panel: you see the third App installation option displayed as snap below.