Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ausias vives <au...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/09/04 18:34:59 UTC

updating object properties from popup windows

Hi all,

Sorry if this questioin is already solved, but I've
been looking through the archives and haven't found
anything at all.

Here's my problem, I've written a maintenance
application for some objects: the classic create,
delete and update stuff.

Those objects have some basic properties: strings,
integres, etc... and some other properties are objects
itself. I'd like that in order to associate or update
some object property for an object I'm editing, I
could  open a new window with a list of all the
possible property objects, choose one of them, and the
object in the initial page gets updated at the same
time the popup window closes itself.

With jsp and javascript is "quite" easy to do, and
even you can nest as many levels as you want, so you
can update an object you are using to update another
object, and so on.

I think with some plumbing I will succeed on that, but
as I'm quite new with tapestry perhaps there is an
"easy" solution and there's no point on reinventing
the wheel, is it?

all advices are wellcome

thanks.

ausias