Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Joost Schouten (ml)" <jo...@jsportal.com> on 2011/07/25 15:01:30 UTC

Block response with form causes nested form exception where this is not the case

  Hi,

I have an EventLink that triggers an event method on a component nested
in a form (formA) and returns a Block with in it another form (formB) to
update a zone which is outside formA. Tapestry still complains about
formB being nested in formA. This is probably because of the fact that
the component that renders formB in the Block to be returned lives
inside a formA.

Though slightly odd, this seems to me a valid usecase that should be
supported which would mean this is a bug. If I am missing something or
am just asking too much of tapestry, please tell me off :) If not, shall
I submit a bugreport?

Cheers,
Joost

Re: Block response with form causes nested form exception where this is not the case

Posted by "Joost Schouten (ml)" <jo...@jsportal.com>.
  Taha,

Thanks. Personally I don't have a need for nested forms. I used them in
wicket before, found them somewhat usefull but do not miss them in
tapestry. As for my message, I was wrong and there actually was a nested
form which I missed initially.

Cheers,
Joost

Posted by Taha Hafeez <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joost,

Posted by "Joost Schouten (ml)" <jo...@jsportal.com>.
  My appologies. Tapestry was not to blame, it was me who overlooked
another little form stashed away in a dark corner of my application. Doh!

Joost