Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Oleg Mikheev <mi...@bigfoot.com> on 2010/06/13 20:02:28 UTC

tag attributes evaluation

Guys,

It took me some quite some time to understand how to pass a
dynamic value to a textfield label.
It appeared that I needed to use this strange notation: %{#var}
like this:

<c:set var="ro" value="qwe" scope="request"/>
<s:textfield name="username" label="%{#request.ro}" />

I haven't found any description that would list which
Struts2 tag attributes accept dynamic values and which
require 'force evaluation'.
The only resource that mentioned it was Dave Newton's letter
http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-S2-tags---dynamic-attributes-p19292043.html

I really think that this notation must be documented
specifically on this page:
http://struts.apache.org/2.1.8.1/docs/ognl.html

Oleg

Re: tag attributes evaluation

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2010/6/13 Oleg Mikheev <mi...@bigfoot.com>:
> Guys,
>
> It took me some quite some time to understand how to pass a
> dynamic value to a textfield label.
> It appeared that I needed to use this strange notation: %{#var}
> like this:
>
> <c:set var="ro" value="qwe" scope="request"/>
> <s:textfield name="username" label="%{#request.ro}" />
>
> I haven't found any description that would list which
> Struts2 tag attributes accept dynamic values and which
> require 'force evaluation'.
> The only resource that mentioned it was Dave Newton's letter
> http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-S2-tags---dynamic-attributes-p19292043.html
>
> I really think that this notation must be documented
> specifically on this page:
> http://struts.apache.org/2.1.8.1/docs/ognl.html

Thanks, I already added your comments (just before Collections section)
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/OGNL

for future please create a ticket
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW

Kind regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

RE: tag attributes evaluation

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
admittedly the doc isnt perfect but i should point out.. the available docs are ALOT more comprehensive and ALOT easier to navigate than many apache sites.. that said

since you have all the build scripts you *have* the ability to create your own javadocs and post them..just remember to put relevant disclaimers / copyrights on bottom

when your site has higher traffic than official struts-site (and your doc is more accurate) then the people who *are supposed to* commit the errata will update the official docs

to keep the IP attorneys happy ..it is a professional courtesy (and a very good idea) to retain the authors name on any posted material..

Martin Gainty
Standard Caveats Apply

Posted by Dale Newfield <da...@newfield.org>.

Posted by Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>.
On 06/14/2010 09:59 AM, Dale Newfield wrote:
> On 6/13/10 2:02 PM, Oleg Mikheev wrote:
>> I really think that this notation must be documented
>> specifically on this page:
>> http://struts.apache.org/2.1.8.1/docs/ognl.html
>
> It's a wiki. Please feel free to offer the modifications you think are
> appropriate.

Not really. Only specified people are allowed to edit the wiki page.

I got:
You are not permitted to perform this operation.

--
Lu Ying

Re: tag attributes evaluation

Posted by Dale Newfield <da...@newfield.org>.