Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Yang, Gang CTR (US)" <ga...@mail.mil> on 2013/01/23 00:23:58 UTC

Broken documentation url

Hi,

I've downloaded DS and Directory Studio. However, the Directory Studio user's guide links seem to have been broken leading to non-existing pages. Any workaround?

If anyone knows, what's the default binding DN/user and password for the ApacheDS?

Thanks,

Gang

Re: Error when open configuration from studio

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
ahh, thought his latest version 'is the latest' but turns out not :)

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: Error when open configuration from studio

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
looks like you have old schema in the Studio's cache, can you try again
after refreshing/reloading the schema
in Studio

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Error when open configuration from studio

Posted by "Yang, Gang CTR (US)" <ga...@mail.mil>.
Hi,

Re: Query for user's groups

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 1/29/13 10:07 PM, Yang, Gang CTR (US) a écrit :
> Emmanuel,
>

> Thanks for the reply. I was using ou:dn:=Roles and it did not work. I thought I was doing something wrong. How can I find out what's supported and what's not by ApacheDS?
By asking here, or by helping us to improve the documentation...
>  It could've saved me some effort:-(
Well, this is a balance : the effort we spend on writing the server
cant' be spent on documentaion, as much as we would; We expect our users
to help us improving both, so that the effort you have done would not be
completely wasted...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

RE: Query for user's groups

Posted by "Yang, Gang CTR (US)" <ga...@mail.mil>.
Emmanuel,

Thanks for the reply. I was using ou:dn:=Roles and it did not work. I thought I was doing something wrong. How can I find out what's supported and what's not by ApacheDS? It could've saved me some effort:-(

Gang

________________________________
Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

RE: Query for user's groups

Posted by "Yang, Gang CTR (US)" <ga...@mail.mil>.

Posted by "Yang, Gang CTR (US)" <ga...@mail.mil>.

RE: Diguest-MD5 authentication

Posted by "Yang, Gang CTR (US)" <ga...@mail.mil>.
After some experiments based on the errors I was getting and tips I found from searching the Internet, here's a summary on using diguest-MD5 authentication with Apache DS so far:

On the ApacheDS server side: (using Apache Directory Studio for configuration)

- Define a host domain name in host file for ldap.example.com

- Use host domain name instead of 127.0.0.1 in ApacheDS configuration for SASL Host

- Make sure the Search Base DN parameter in SASL settings points to where the users entries are stored in DIT

- Store the user password in clear text. In order to acchieve this, some discussions from the mailing list suggested to disable the default passwordPolicies and passwordHashing interceptors

- Restart ApacheDS after chaning the configuration

On the client side: (using Apache Directory Studio)

- Use host domain name instead of 127.0.0.1 in connection configuration for Hostname under Network Parameters

- Use uid alone w/o "uid=" instead of full DN of the user for Bind DN or User under Authentication

- Make sure to select the right SASL realm, example.com in my case, in SASL Settings

Ater doing all these, I'm still getting the error:

LDAP: error code 49 - INVALID_CREDENTIALS: DIGEST-MD5: cannot acquire password for Gang.Yang in realm : example.com

Anyone who's knowledgeable in this area, please help. I'm using a newly downloaded latest ApacheDS and Apache Directory Studio (2.0.0-M10 and 2.0.0-M4).

Thanks in advance,

Gang

________________________________
I'm using the latest ApacheDS and Apache Directory Studio. I can bind using Simple authentication, but failed using Diguest-MD5 or Kerboros. I'm sure it's the configuration, but I could not find any section in the user's guide (basic or advanced) that tells me how. Any help and pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,

Gang

Diguest-MD5 authentication

Posted by "Yang, Gang CTR (US)" <ga...@mail.mil>.
Hi,

Re: return distinguishedName or dn?

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
yes, the attribute name is 'entryDn' this is supported since version
2.0.0-M9

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 9:43 PM, Yang, Gang CTR (US) <gang.yang.ctr@mail.mil

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

memberOf or like attribute?

Posted by "Yang, Gang CTR (US)" <ga...@mail.mil>.
Hi,

Re: Query for user's groups

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Query for user's groups

Re: Broken documentation url

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 4:53 AM, Yang, Gang CTR (US) <gang.yang.ctr@mail.mil

> I've downloaded DS and Directory Studio. However, the Directory Studio
> user's guide links seem to have been broken leading to non-existing pages.
> Any workaround?
>

> If anyone knows, what's the default binding DN/user and password for the
> ApacheDS?
>

> uid=admin,ou=system
secret

--