Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by RoobG <ro...@emend.it> on 2008/02/28 11:42:41 UTC

Bouncing message - out of office

I've been using James for more than six months, it servers about 300 email
accounts - had no issues whatsoever - James is cconfigured to use dbfile
repository.
There's on thing though that I'd love to have but I have no idea how to do
it..
Some users require to set up 'out of office' reply when they're off -
usually I do it through <mailet match="RecipientIs=mail_address"
class="NotifySender"><passThrough>true</passThrough> (...) but the problem
is I have to restart James everytime I do it.
Beacuse I wrote my own webmail for James I'd users to manage it by
themselves - but the problem is how can it be done wihtout restarting the
server? James is run on windows as system service. I know I can do it by
changing conf file and restarting server through other script but basiclly
it's not good solution.

My quesiton is - is it possible to set up bounce message to sender (out of
office reply) wihtout restarting James? Does anybody know how to do it?

thanks in advance

Robert

Re: Bouncing message - out of office

Posted by RoobG <ro...@emend.it>.
Hi, Can you elaborate it, please? Any examples would much appreciated..

thanks - Robert

Posted by Mark Nijland <ma...@cybersci.com>.