Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Bojan Komazec <bo...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/09 16:59:04 UTC

WinCE C/C++(unmanaged) client of Axis2/C WS

Hello everyone,

Can Axis2/C client be deployed on Windows CE? FAQ (
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/c/docs/faq.html#faq_2_6) is not clear about that
- it only states that Axis2/C works on "Microsoft Windows" platform, without
mentioning particular OS versions. Information provided here is not
complete.

In case Axis2/C is not supported for Windows CE, what technologies could be
used to build Axis2/C client in unmanaged C++ on that platform?

Cheers,

   Bojan Komazec

AW: WinCE C/C++(unmanaged) client of Axis2/C WS

Posted by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@axa-winterthur.ch>.
Axis2/C has done great to use an ANSI C Compiler and develop Axis2/C as
ANSI/C Code where ever possible.

The Platform specific things for Windows are very narrow. Look at this
sources first.

I had no troubles to port Axis2/C (at V1.4) to my OpenVMS System using
the HP C Compiler which is ANSI C compliant.

I would suggest to look at the Windows platform specific things of
Axis2/C

and if you have an ANSI/C Compiler on Windows CE and know a bit about C

then you should be well able to compile and later link the Axis2/C code.

But start with the platform specific things first. Study and Compile and
Link them and you will find fast if there are .H, .DLL or .LIB files
missing.

But any-one with real Windows CE experience shall override what I am
saying here.

Josef