Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by "[MiKe]" <bu...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/19 18:06:32 UTC

s:pprPanelGroup PhaseListener does not work?

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the Sandbox pprPanelGroup (1.1.9).

If I use the component under MyFaces-Facelets, it works fine.

If I use the same component, in the same page, but this time under Spring
Webflow 2 (also rendering JsfViews under MyFaces), the AJAX response
returned contains the response generated by the pprPanelGroup component,
followed by the HTML rendered response generated by Spring Webflow.

While I tought this was an issue with SWF2, I decided to dig it a bit
further. I now believe that the problem lies with the PPRPhaseListener.

the JSF spec copy I have states (regarding PhaseListeners):
"Calling responseComplete() on the FacesContext instance for the current
request, which causes processing of the
request processing lifecycle to terminate once the current phase is
complete."

Since the PPRPhaseListener is set to intercept the RENDER_RESPONSE phase,
the fact that it calls responseComplete() (after having rendered the AJAX
response)* should* be ignored, because it calls it while the RENDER_RESPONSE
phase is already started.

I haven't checked how MyFaces implementation handles this, but the source
code for SWF 2.0 does not recheck if responseComplete() was called after
having invoked the phase listeners (and this seems in line with the JSF
spec).

Help / comments appreciated. I haven't submitted a JIRA issue for this yet,
as I'd like some input first, to be sure it really is a bug.

Thanks,

-Mike