Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "M.Vijaya Bhaskar" <vi...@sigmainfo.net> on 2009/05/29 08:37:26 UTC

Jmeter 2.3.3 giving message as Unrecognized VM option '+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError'

Hi All,

I Downloaded Jmeter2.3.3 then i extracted. and by clicking on jmeter.bat
file it is showing the message as

Unrecognized VM option '+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError'
errorlevel=1
Press any key to continue . . .

Is any one faced this problam...

how to solve this issue.

Thanks
vijay

RE: Jmeter 2.3.3 giving message as Unrecognized VM option '+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError'

Posted by Suvendu_Mohapatra <Su...@satyam.com>.
I did not get the answer of my question....Anyway...GeetaRani has given a solution...if still you will face the problem let us know...

With Regards,
Suvendu

Posted by "M.Vijaya Bhaskar" <vi...@sigmainfo.net>.
Hi suvendu,

Posted by Suvendu_Mohapatra <Su...@satyam.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 29/05/2009, M.Vijaya Bhaskar <vi...@sigmainfo.net> wrote:
> Hi Andrew
>

>  i am using Java\jdk1.5.0_04

Strange that it does not like the option.

It works fine for me with Sun Java 1.4.2_17, 1.5.0_18, and 1.6.0_13.
Options aren't normally changed in point releases.

If you are using Sun Java 1.5.0_04 then you should consider updating
it as that is quite old and there have been several security fixes
since then.

Posted by "M.Vijaya Bhaskar" <vi...@sigmainfo.net>.
Hi Andrew

i am using Java\jdk1.5.0_04

Posted by drubix <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "M.Vijaya Bhaskar" <vi...@sigmainfo.net>.
Hi Geetharani,

Thank you for your reply, I commented the line

"set DUMP=-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError"

Now the Jmeter console is opening

Thanks
Vijay