Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by siegeld <da...@siegel.com> on 2010/03/30 17:26:17 UTC

Duplicate message add attempt rejected

I'm having trouble networking two brokers together.  What I want to do is
make the two brokers function as virtually one.  One broker is at one site,
another at a different location.  Thus, I need a bi-directional connection.
That is, if I publish to a topic on brokerA I want subscribers to get the
messages on both brokerA and brokerB, and vice versa.

My configuration works, but I keep getting the following kind of error in my
logs:

WARN | Duplicate message add attempt rejected. Message id:
ID:brokerA-59948-1269961367915-0:19:1:1:181

I've configured each activemq-5.3 server with the following network
connections:

brokerA:

       <!-- The store and forward broker networks ActiveMQ will listen to
-->
        <networkConnectors>
            <networkConnector name="brokerB"
uri="static://(tcp://brokerB:61616)" duplex="false"/>
        </networkConnectors>

brokerB:

     <!-- The store and forward broker networks ActiveMQ will listen to -->
        <networkConnectors>
            <networkConnector name="brokerA"
uri="static://(tcp://brokerA:61616)" duplex="false"/>
        </networkConnectors>

So, this somehow results in a message loop.  What I am trying to do is
pretty simple, so I must have a totally incorrect understanding of how you
create a network of brokers.

Thanks for any help!

Re: Duplicate message add attempt rejected

Posted by siegeld <da...@siegel.com>.
Solved the problem.  This was a bug in release 5.3.0.  Upgraded to 5.3.1 to
fix.

Re: Duplicate message add attempt rejected

Posted by siegeld <da...@siegel.com>.
Note that I have also tried this with a networkconnection on only brokerA,
connecting to brokerB, with duplex="true".  I get the same duplicate message
error.