Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1997/09/17 19:49:24 UTC

Apache 124 under Gemini (fwd)

acked.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 97 16:47:50 MSK
From: "Pavel Yakovlev (Paul McHacker)" <ha...@tomcat.olly.ru>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: Apache 124 under Gemini

Hi !

I am one of worldwide beta testers of Gemini.
(Gemini == SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 + SCO UnixWare 2.1.2)

Today I build Apache 1.2.4 under Gemini beta BL 12.
httpd runs and seems to work fine.
A size of httpd is 464868 (407784 after striping).

Ofcourse Configure does not detect Gemini ;-)
I patched GuessOS for treating Gemini like UnixWare 2.1.2

Moreover a Apache 1.2.4 binary builded under SCO OpenServer 5
seems to work fine under Gemini. But directives User and Group
do not work because Gemini does not supported
binary compatibility for OSR5's security calls.

The porting report

File: httd_main.c
Warnings: 2468: argumet is incompatible with prototype: arg #3
          2476: argumet is incompatible with prototype: arg #3
Action: Fixed

File: mod_include.c
Warnings: line 1174: end-of-loop code note reached
          line 1281: end-of-loop code note reached
Action: Ignored (but a source code seems very stange !)

File: modules/proxy/proxy_cache.c
Warnings: line 803: improper pointer/integer combination: op "="
Action: Fixed

File: modules/proxy/proxy_cache.c
Warnings: line 735: argumet is incompatible with prototype: arg #3
          line 925: argumet is incompatible with prototype: arg #3
Action: Fixed

File: mod_dld.c
Error: line 61: cannot fine include file <dld.h>
Action: Module was excluded from configuration

File: mod_auth_db.c
Error: line 88: cannot fine include file <db.h>
Action: Module was excluded from configuration

File: mod_auth_msql.c
Error: line 394: cannot fine include file <msql.h>
Action: Module was excluded from configuration

diff http_main.c http_main.c.gemini
2371c2371
<     int c;
---
>     size_t c;

diff proxy_cache.c proxy_cache.c.gemini

54a55,56
> #include <stdlib.h> /* WARNING: must be before all others includes !! */

diff proxy_ftp.c proxy_ftp.c.gemini

395c395,396
<     int port, userlen, i, j, len, sock, dsock, rc, nocache;
---
>     int port, userlen, i, j, sock, dsock, rc, nocache;
>     size_t len;

Configure message

Using config file: ConfGemini
Using Makefile template file: Makefile.tmpl
Sorry, but we cannot grok "i386-whatever-UnixWare|5|99.123"
uname -m
i386
uname -r
5
uname -s
UnixWare
uname -v
99.123
uname -X

System = UnixWare
Node = wildcat
Release = 5
KernelID = 97/07/27
Machine = Pentium
BusType = EISA
Serial = no-serial
Users = 61439
OEM# = 0
Origin# = 1
NumCPU = 1

File ConfGemini
FORMAT=
EXTRA_CFLAGS=$(FORMAT)
EXTRA_LFLAGS=$(FORMAT)
EXTRA_LIBS=
EXTRA_INCLUDES=

#CC=
#OPTIM=-O2
#RANLIB=

Rule STATUS=yes
Rule SOCKS4=no
Rule IRIXNIS=no

Rule WANTHSREGEX=default

Module env_module          mod_env.o
#Module dld_module          mod_dld.o
Module config_log_module   mod_log_config.o
Module agent_log_module    mod_log_agent.o
Module referer_log_module  mod_log_referer.o
Module mime_module         mod_mime.o
Module negotiation_module  mod_negotiation.o
Module status_module       mod_status.o
Module info_module         mod_info.o
Module includes_module     mod_include.o
Module dir_module          mod_dir.o
Module cgi_module          mod_cgi.o
Module asis_module         mod_asis.o
Module imap_module         mod_imap.o
Module action_module       mod_actions.o
Module userdir_module      mod_userdir.o
Module proxy_module        modules/proxy/libproxy.a
Module alias_module        mod_alias.o
Module rewrite_module      mod_rewrite.o
Module access_module       mod_access.o
Module auth_module         mod_auth.o
Module anon_auth_module    mod_auth_anon.o
#Module db_auth_module      mod_auth_db.o
Module dbm_auth_module     mod_auth_dbm.o
#Module msql_auth_module    mod_auth_msql.o
Module digest_module       mod_digest.o
Module cern_meta_module    mod_cern_meta.o
Module expires_module      mod_expires.o
Module headers_module      mod_headers.o
Module usertrack_module      mod_usertrack.o
Module example_module      modules/example/mod_example.o
Module browser_module      mod_browser.o

Pavel Yakovlev,
Chief of Software Department, OLLY Corp.
Russia, 199178 St-Peterburg, 14 linia V.O., dom 39.
E-mail: hac@olly.ru , hac@tomcat.ru
Fax: +7 (812) 213-33-88  Tel: +7 (812) 356-84-10
Web: http://www.tomcat.ru/~hac , http://www.olly.ru
FTP: ftp.tomcat.ru , ftp.olly.ru

Re: Apache 124 under Gemini (fwd)

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

Already fixed in 1.3 -- we introduced the type NET_SIZE_T which is int or
size_t accordingly.  It's defined as size_t for UW.  The actual POSIX way
to do this is to use type socklen_t (which I learned after doing
NET_SIZE_T).

> diff proxy_cache.c proxy_cache.c.gemini
>
> 54a55,56
> > #include <stdlib.h> /* WARNING: must be before all others includes !! */

This is bogus.  You should report this as a bug in gemini since it is
still under beta.  Unless you can point us at a posix or iso requirement
that this be true ...

> diff proxy_ftp.c proxy_ftp.c.gemini
>
> 395c395,396
> <     int port, userlen, i, j, len, sock, dsock, rc, nocache;
> ---
> >     int port, userlen, i, j, sock, dsock, rc, nocache;
> >     size_t len;

Same as above w.r.t. NET_SIZE_T.

> Configure message
>
> Using config file: ConfGemini
> Using Makefile template file: Makefile.tmpl
> Sorry, but we cannot grok "i386-whatever-UnixWare|5|99.123"
> uname -m
> i386
> uname -r
> 5
> uname -s
> UnixWare
> uname -v
> 99.123
> uname -X
>
> System = UnixWare
> Node = wildcat
> Release = 5
> KernelID = 97/07/27
> Machine = Pentium
> BusType = EISA
> Serial = no-serial
> Users = 61439
> OEM# = 0
> Origin# = 1
> NumCPU = 1

This should be good enough for us to add it to GuessOS and Configure.

Thanks.
Dean