Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Luis Gaspar <lu...@criticalsoftware.com> on 2004/08/23 17:46:10 UTC

Software caused connection abort : socket write error

My application was developed in OJB and when a try to search a collection of
value objects on my Data Base I have this exception. The application still
working fine but sometimes I've got this exception. I work with Jboss-3.2.5.
If someone could help me I appreciate.

Cheers

Luis Gaspar

16:35:47,893 ERROR [Engine] StandardWrapperValve[action]: Servlet.service()
for servlet action threw exception

java.lang.RuntimeException: ClientAbortException:  java.net.SocketException:
Software caused connection abort: socket write error

        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3407)

        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerH
andlerImpl.java:433)

        at
com.oroad.stxx.transform.CachedXSLTransformer.transform(CachedXSLTransformer
.java:253)

        at
com.oroad.stxx.transform.TransformerHandler.processActionTransform(Transform
erHandler.java:203)

        at
com.oroad.stxx.plugin.RequestProcessorHelper.processStxxDefinition(RequestPr
ocessorHelper.java:257)

        at
com.oroad.stxx.plugin.StxxRequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(StxxRequestP
rocessor.java:151)

        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:279)

        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1482)

        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:507)

        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)

        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

        at
FilterChain.java:237)

        at
ain.java:157)

        at
va:214)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContext
Valve.java:198)

        at
va:152)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)

        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssoci
ationValve.java:72)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:102)

        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JBossSecurityMgrRealm.invoke(JBossSecurityMgrR
ealm.java:275)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:102)

        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase
.java:540)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:102)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137
)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)

        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117
)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:102)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

        at
:109)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:104)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)

        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)

        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)

        at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:705)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)

        at
a:683)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information or privileged material and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a named addressee and mistakenly received this message you should not copy or otherwise disseminate it: please delete this e-mail from your system and notify the sender immediately. E-mail transmissions are not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. Therefore, the sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message that arise as a result of e-mail transmissions. Please request a hard copy version if verification is required. Critical Software.

Re: Software caused connection abort : socket write error

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Luis Gaspar wrote:
> I'am using Postgres database. I have this exception sometimes when try to
> find a collection of value objects from my database. The method to return
> that collection do 3 times the same thing. I put a print in start and in the
> end of method.  Sample startGetProjects and endGetProjects. When I run the
> application, in my log I get one startGetProjects and various
> endGetProjects.

Sorry, but this doesn't help me.
What is the reason for
 > Software caused connection abort: socket write error
We need the server (jboss+ojb) stack trace to get more detailed
information or was this exception only caused by the client (tomcat)?

regards,
Armin

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Luis,