Posted to users@camel.apache.org by sramakrishna <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/13 14:24:36 UTC

Deployment of Akka Camel CXF Osgi sample in Apache Karaf container

Hi-

Based on Sample of Akka Osgi Example as per the following link:
https://github.com/Crossing-Tech/akka-osgi-sample

I implemented same methodology for my requirement using Akka 2.2.0, Camel
2.11.1, CXF 2.7.5, Apache Karaf 2.3.2, Osgi 4.3.2 technologies.

I developed as multi module maven project in java as per below structure:

1) Created Core module with Akka Osgi Extension by extending
ActorSystemActivator and then created actorsystem and registered this actor
system to osgi services.
2) Created Another sample bundle -> created an activator by extending
BundleActivator -> then retrieved actorsystem from osgi service tracker ->
then creating camelCXFRS  based untyped consumerActor with actor system ->
and also created normal actor i.e UnTypeActor implementation with
actorsystem.

3) Enabled above maven bundles with apache karaf maven plug-in and able to
generate them as osgi bundles i.e jar files.
4) Created features file by specifying dependencies used in maven pom files.
5) Then deployed features.xml in KARAF_HOME/deploy directory after starting
the karaf console from command prompt.
6) After resolving all dependencies with no errors in
Karaf_home/data/log/karaf.log file -> Then, i am getting the below exception
trace:

org.apache.camel.FailedToCreateRouteException: Failed to create route
akka://OACCActorSystem/user/OACCCamelCXFRestActor:
Route(akka://OACCActorSystem/user/OACCCamelCXFRestActor)[[Fr... because of
Failed to resolve endpoint:
cxfrs://http://127.0.0.1:7070/agilis/services/rest/oacc/?bindingStyle=SimpleConsumer&resourceClasses=com.diebold.agilis.oacc.rest.OACCRestService
due to: No component found with scheme: cxfrs
        at
org.apache.camel.model.RouteDefinition.addRoutes(RouteDefinition.java:181)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.startRoute(DefaultCamelContext.java:751)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.startRouteDefinitions(DefaultCamelContext.java:1845)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.addRouteDefinitions(DefaultCamelContext.java:688)
        at
org.apache.camel.builder.RouteBuilder.populateRoutes(RouteBuilder.java:337)
        at
org.apache.camel.builder.RouteBuilder.addRoutesToCamelContext(RouteBuilder.java:264)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.addRoutes(DefaultCamelContext.java:650)
        at
akka.camel.internal.ConsumerRegistrar$$anonfun$receive$4.applyOrElse(CamelSupervisor.scala:187)
        at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:498)
        at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:456)
        at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.processMailbox(Mailbox.scala:237)
        at akka.dispatch.Mailbox.run(Mailbox.scala:219)
[WARN] [09/11/2013 18:15:09.884]
[OACCActorSystem-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-2]
[akka://OACCActorSystem/user/camel-supervisor        at
akka.dispatch.ForkJoinExecutorConfigurator$AkkaForkJoinTask.exec(AbstractDispatcher.scala:386)
/registry/consumerRegistrar] Actor
[Actor[akka://OACCActorSystem/user/OACCCamelCXFRestActor#1061544027]] failed
to activate
        at
scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:262)
        at
scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:975)
        at
scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1478)
        at
scala.concurrent.forkjoin.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:104)
Caused by: org.apache.camel.ResolveEndpointFailedException: Failed to
resolve endpoint:
cxfrs://http://127.0.0.1:7070/agilis/services/rest/oacc/?bindingStyle=SimpleConsumer&resourceClasses=com.diebold.agilis.oacc.rest.OACCRestService
due to: No component found with scheme: cxfrs
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.getEndpoint(DefaultCamelContext.java:515)
        at
org.apache.camel.util.CamelContextHelper.getMandatoryEndpoint(CamelContextHelper.java:62)
        at
org.apache.camel.model.RouteDefinition.resolveEndpoint(RouteDefinition.java:191)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultRouteContext.resolveEndpoint(DefaultRouteContext.java:108)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultRouteContext.resolveEndpoint(DefaultRouteContext.java:114)
        at
org.apache.camel.model.FromDefinition.resolveEndpoint(FromDefinition.java:72)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultRouteContext.getEndpoint(DefaultRouteContext.java:90)
        at
org.apache.camel.model.RouteDefinition.addRoutes(RouteDefinition.java:861)
        at
org.apache.camel.model.RouteDefinition.addRoutes(RouteDefinition.java:176)
        ... 16 more

I am getting same in karaf console both for camel cxfrs based actors, camel
mina based actors but not for normal actors i.e Actors which implement
UnTypeActor.

The above error stack error was printed by following the suggestion as per
below link"

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/akka/tickets/3541-errors-encountered-during-akka-camel-consumer-route-creation-are-too-difficult-to-debug#/activity/ticket

Please, help me in resolving above exception.

Regards
Ramakrishna

Re: Deployment of Akka Camel CXF Osgi sample in Apache Karaf container

Posted by sramakrishna <ra...@gmail.com>.
The proof of concept can be found here in the following github repository:
https://github.com/sramakrishna/akkaosgicamelcxfsample

Additional information can be found here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/akka-user/lQkYM5qgTao
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/akka-dev/ldeCD-iF0bg

Re: Deployment of Akka Camel CXF Osgi sample in Apache Karaf container

Posted by sramakrishna <ra...@gmail.com>.
The following is additional information to my original post:

i have done similar steps as follows at karaf console after starting karaf
before deploying my features file into deploy directory.

1) features:chooseurl cxf 2.7.5
2) features:install cxf
3) features:chooseurl camel 2.10.3
4) features:install camel
5) features:install camel-cxf

The following is an extract of my features file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<features name="oacc.features-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT"
xmlns="http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/features/v1.0.0">

	<feature name='osgi-compendium' description='OSGi compendium feature'
version='4.3.1' resolver='(obr)'>
        <bundle
start-level="10">mvn:org.osgi/org.osgi.compendium/4.3.1</bundle>
    </feature>

    <feature name='scala' description='Scala' version='2.10.2'
resolver='(obr)'>
      <bundle
start-level="15">mvn:org.scala-lang/scala-library/2.10.2</bundle>
    </feature>

	<feature name='typesafe-config' description='Typesafe config'
version='1.0.2' resolver='(obr)'>
       	<feature version="[2.10.0,2.11.0)">scala</feature>
        <bundle start-level="25">mvn:com.typesafe/config/1.0.2</bundle>
    </feature>

	<feature name='akka' description='Akka' version='2.2.0' resolver='(obr)'>
        <feature version="[2.10.0,2.11.0)">scala</feature>

		<feature version="[1.0.2,2.0.0)">typesafe-config</feature>

        <bundle
start-level="30">mvn:com.typesafe.akka/akka-osgi_2.10/2.2.0</bundle>
        <bundle
start-level="30">mvn:com.typesafe.akka/akka-camel_2.10/2.2.0</bundle>
		<bundle
start-level="30">mvn:com.typesafe.akka/akka-slf4j_2.10/2.2.0</bundle>

    </feature>

	<feature name='oacc-bundles' description='OACC' version='0.0.1-SNAPSHOT'
resolver='(obr)'>
		<feature>http</feature>
		<feature>cxf</feature>
		<feature>camel</feature>
        <feature version="[2.2.0,3.0.0)">akka</feature>

        <bundle
start-level="50">mvn:com.diebold.agilis/OACCCore/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</bundle>
		<bundle
start-level="51">mvn:com.diebold.agilis/OACCBundleOne/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</bundle>

    </feature>

</features>

MyCamel CXFRS Actor:

import javax.ws.rs.core.Response;

import akka.camel.CamelMessage;
import akka.camel.javaapi.UntypedConsumerActor;
import akka.event.Logging;
import akka.event.LoggingAdapter;

/**
 * @author Ramakrishna Sharvirala
 *
 */
public class OACCCamelCXFRestActor extends UntypedConsumerActor {

	/**
	 * AKKA logging adapter to do asynchronous logging.
	 */
	private LoggingAdapter log = Logging.getLogger(getContext().system(),
this);

	@Override
	public String getEndpointUri() {
		//return
"mina:tcp://127.0.0.1:6200?textline=false&sync=true&exchangePattern=InOut&transferExchange=true";
		return
"cxfrs:http://127.0.0.1:7070/test/services/rest/oacc/?bindingStyle=SimpleConsumer&resourceClasses=com.ignitedcoders.app.oacc.rest.OACCRestService";
	}

	@Override
	public void onReceive(Object message) throws Exception {
		if (message instanceof CamelMessage) {
			CamelMessage camelMessage = (CamelMessage) message;

			String body = camelMessage.getBodyAs(String.class, getCamelContext());
			log.info("Received Message : {} ", body);

			System.out.println(body);

			sender().tell(new CamelMessage(Response.ok().entity("Test
Response").build(), camelMessage.getHeaders()), getSelf());
			//sender().tell(new CamelMessage("EmptyResponse",
camelMessage.getHeaders()), getSelf());
		}	else {
			unhandled(message);
		}

	}

	/**
	 * No auto ack!
	 */
	@Override
	public boolean autoAck() {
		return false;
	}
}

MyBundleActivator Start Method code:

               ServiceTracker serviceTracker = new ServiceTracker(context,
ActorSystem.class.getName(), null);

		serviceTracker.open();
		ActorSystem system = (ActorSystem)serviceTracker.getService();

		System.out.println(context.getBundle().getSymbolicName() + ":" +
context.getBundle().getBundleId());

		//1. Normal Actor Creation
		ActorRef normalActorRef =
system.actorOf(Props.create(OACCNormalActor.class), "OACCNormalActor");
		System.out.println(normalActorRef != null ? normalActorRef.path() :
"ActorRef is null");

		Camel camel =  CamelExtension.get(system);
		camel.context().setTracing(true);
		//camel.context().setDebugger();
		Timeout timeout = new Timeout(Duration.create(10, TimeUnit.SECONDS));

		Future<ActorRef> activationFuture =
camel.activationFutureFor(normalActorRef, timeout, system.dispatcher());
		activationFuture.onComplete(new OnComplete<ActorRef>() {
			@Override
			public void onComplete(Throwable throwable, ActorRef actorRef)
					throws Throwable {
				if(throwable != null) {
					System.out.println("The below is error thrown from actor creation");
					throwable.printStackTrace();
				} else {
					System.out.println("Actor is Successfully Created");
				}
			}
		}, system.dispatcher());

		//2. Camel CXF RS Based Actor Creation
		ActorRef camelBasedActorRef =
system.actorOf(Props.create(OACCCamelCXFRestActor.class),
"OACCCamelCXFRestActor");

		System.out.println(camelBasedActorRef != null ? camelBasedActorRef.path()
: "ActorRef is null");

		camel.context().setTracing(true);

		activationFuture = camel.activationFutureFor(camelBasedActorRef, timeout,
system.dispatcher());
		activationFuture.onComplete(new OnComplete<ActorRef>() {
			@Override
			public void onComplete(Throwable throwable, ActorRef actorRef)
					throws Throwable {
				if(throwable != null) {
					System.out.println("The below is error thrown from actor creation");
					throwable.printStackTrace();
				} else {
					System.out.println("Actor is Successfully Created");
				}
			}
		}, system.dispatcher());

Please, let me know your thoughts on same.

Note: 1) Even tried with explicit registration of component with the
following line of code while registering camel cxfrs based actor with actory
system:
camel.context().addComponent("cxfrs", new CxfRsComponent(camel.context()));
2) Based on 1, it throws the exception like error due to <restservice class>
mentioned on endpoint url of consumer actor.

Posted by sramakrishna <ra...@gmail.com>.
"Hi-

I deployed all corresponding features by the following commands at command
prompt:

1) features:chooseurl cxf 2.7.5
2) features:install cxf
3) features:chooseurl camel 2.10.3
4) features:install camel
5) features:install camel-cxf
6) then deployed my features.xml in karaf deploy directory. The features.xml
contains my project specific bundles and akka dependencies as bundles.

The same code is working successfully if any camel component specific
endpoint based actor is not used. It was working fine with normal i.e.
default actors provided by akka actor mode.

Note: I am simply extended the following example in java and using camel
component specific endpoint based actors.
https://github.com/Crossing-Tech/akka-osgi-sample

"

Re: Deployment of Akka Camel CXF Osgi sample in Apache Karaf container

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
You can use the features:install camel-cxf to install the camel-cxf component :)

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
Web: http://www.redhat.com