Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Boris Tyukin <bo...@boristyukin.com> on 2019/10/15 14:30:41 UTC

Incorta vs Kudu

Hi guys, I was just reading about incorta. They get a lot of traction and
buzz recently. While they do not explain how it actually works but I got a
feeling their "secret" technology is very similar to Kudu. Just curious if
you looked at it and compared to Kudu/Impala combo. They mentioned their
super duper secret and efficient compaction process.
https://incortablog.wordpress.com/2017/03/25/incorta-parquet-and-compaction/

One difference I've noticed though they say they can do real-time but I
just watched a demo and looks like it is classical batch/incremental
process.
https://community.incorta.com/t/18d8x2/data-hubmaterialized-view-question
https://community.incorta.com/t/18jndy/what-are-the-types-of-data-load-that-incorta-supports

Re: Incorta vs Kudu

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Boris,

I hadn't heard of Incorta before. I'm surprised you mentioned they're
getting traction and buzz.

The site definitely seems light on technical details, so can't really
answer a comparison to Kudu. It does seem like they're more focused on
batch than real-time.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon