Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/10 07:45:19 UTC

JavaScript Avatica client

Hi,

I just wanted to let anyone who's interested know that I've recently been
working on a JavaScript (i.e. Node.js) client for Avatica. The current
status is that it does what I need it to do (i.e. it can execute a query
and return the results), and it could potentially be useful to others (as
well as being built on further), although I'm sure that it doesn't cover
all use cases (e.g. currently only a subset of data types are handled).

The GitHub repo is here: https://github.com/waylayio/avatica-js
The npm entry is here: https://www.npmjs.com/package/avaticajs

- Gabriel

Re: JavaScript Avatica client

Posted by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Personally, I'd be happy to contribute it -- it's currently MIT licensed
(as a matter of convention of my employer), but I'll double-check with my
employer about whether there are any qualms about just contributing it to
the project directly.

For now, it's certainly fine with me if you link to it from the Calcite
site.

- Gabriel

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.