Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Benchu Yao <ya...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/02 12:06:42 UTC

How to use local maven repository when building image using dockerfile?

Dockerfile use official maven image for the build, due to network problems,
every time I need to download the maven dependency package for a long time.
Can I use the local maven repository to cache java dependency packages,
what should I do?

Thanks,
Yao Benchu

Re: How to use local maven repository when building image using dockerfile?

Posted by carl harris <ce...@gmail.com>.
Of course, another option would be to pull the container image from hub.docker.com <http://hub.docker.com/> instead of trying to build it yourself. That would make use of Docker's layer cache to avoid re-downloading layers that haven't changed.

docker pull guacamole/guacamole
docker pull guacamole/guacd

I realize that for some, that's not an option because they either want a custom build or they have administrative prohibitions of one kind or another. Just wanted to put it out there...

carl

Re: How to use local maven repository when building image using dockerfile?

Posted by carl harris <ce...@gmail.com>.
It's true that Maven does keep a local repository, but when building the Docker image, that repository is inside of the build container, so it starts out completely empty for every build.

I don't know of a way to tell Docker to bind-mount a portion of the local filesystem in a way that would make it available as the guacamole container image is built, but I think that's really the question to be answered.

carl

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.