Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Gordon <Go...@cs.tcd.ie> on 2003/05/15 17:45:39 UTC

How to update SVG files?

Hi
I'm new to Batik so forgive this simple problem
Basically, I'm trying to access and update SVG files.

I can create documents from SVG files and manipulate/ update them etc.
But I can't update the SVG file itself.

How do I update the SVG file with the updated document?
(or even create a new SVG file from the document)

Thanks.
Gordon.

RE: How to update SVG files?

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

GP> Hi I'm new to Batik so forgive this simple problem Basically, I'm
GP> trying to access and update SVG files.

GP> I can create documents from SVG files and manipulate/ update them
GP> etc.  But I can't update the SVG file itself.

GP> How do I update the SVG file with the updated document?  (or even
GP> create a new SVG file from the document)

    You need to stream the document out, check out:

org.apache.batik.dom.util.DomUntilities.writeDocument;