Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz> on 2017/04/16 14:15:18 UTC

Support for SASL EXTERNAL mechanism in Proton's Go language binding

Hi,

I was playing over the weekend with Proton's binging for Go language (I was
using the Electron API). I works quite nicely, but I didn't managed to get
it connected to my broker using SASL EXTERNAL mechanism. When I configure
EXTERNAL in the AllowedMechs in ConnectionOptions, I always get following
error:
proton:io:sasl_error: SASL(-4): no mechanism available:  (Authentication
failed [mech=none])

At first I though that I was missing some library for the EXTERNAL support.
But it seems to work fine in the Python bindings, so I'm not sure about
that.

Anyone has some idea whether the Go language binding actually supports the
EXTERNAL mechanism?

Thanks & Regards
Jakub

PS: My client source can be found here ...
https://gist.github.com/scholzj/6434b7382bb21d2ae23f20195b47dd7c