Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by Goden Yao <go...@apache.org> on 2016/07/12 04:36:57 UTC

HAWQ JIRA: Consolidate 2.0.0 to 2.0.0.0-incubating version

As I mentioned before, we had a few versions in the current HAWQ JIRA
version page. Particularly, there's confusion between 2.0.0.0-incubating
(upcoming release that the community is driving to ship right now) vs.
2.0.0 (used originally for features post 2.0.0.0-incubating).

When we created these 2 versions, we thought 2.0.0.0-incubating was
supposed to be release by end of 2015.
Now it got delayed so long, there's no sense to separate these 2 versions.

So I think we should consolidate these 2 versions in JIRA, steps would be:

   - Bulk edit all *resolved / closed * 2.0.0 version JIRA to
   2.0.0.0-incubating: query is here:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12337921 , *306* issues in
   total
   - There're still *5* open items with 2.0.0 version, assignees of these 5
   JIRAs should re-evaluate them and see which version we want to put them in.
   you can find these 5 JIRAs here:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12337922

I hope this can clean up version issues we see in JIRA.
I've also updated the versions to add one "*2.0.1.0*" version for the next
maintenance release.

Please let me know if you vote against consolidating the 2 versions
otherwise I'll start the work soon this week.

-Goden

Re: HAWQ JIRA: Consolidate 2.0.0 to 2.0.0.0-incubating version

Posted by Goden Yao <go...@apache.org>.
This is complete. Luckily , bulk editing has an option to turn off Email
updates.
I've also deleted "2.0.0" version from the list.

Posted by Goden Yao <go...@apache.org>.

Posted by Goden Yao <go...@apache.org>.