Posted to user@bigtop.apache.org by bigtapp_root_aws quek <bi...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/06 18:06:20 UTC

Repository to use in Bigtop 3.2.0 for Ubuntu 22.04

Hi
Can any one provide me with the URL for the repo for Bigtop 3.2.0 with
Ubuntu 22.04? Thanks!

Keng

Re: Repository to use in Bigtop 3.2.0 for Ubuntu 22.04

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <sn...@apache.org>.
Hi Keng,

when requesting <http://repos.bigtop.apache.org/> you get a result from
the S3 bucket s3://repos.bigtop.apache.org/ - because so many objects are stored
in this bucket, the result is truncated and lists only the artifacts of
the first two releases.

By adding a prefix parameter
  http://repos.bigtop.apache.org/?prefix=releases/
you should be able to see the 3.2.0 packages for Ubuntu 22.04.
See [1] for more parameters.

Alternatively, you can install the AWS CLI [2,3] to get the listings:

aws --no-sign-request s3 ls s3://repos.bigtop.apache.org/releases/3.2.0/ubuntu/

Or, even better: configure the apt source and list the packages from Ubuntu:

# install the Bigtop signing keys
mkdir -p /usr/local/share/keyrings/
curl https://downloads.apache.org/bigtop/bigtop-3.2.0/repos/GPG-KEY-bigtop \
   | gpg --dearmor | dd of=/usr/local/share/keyrings/bigtop-keyring.gpg

# add the following to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/bigtop-3.2.0.list (a single line)

deb [signed-by=/usr/local/share/keyrings/bigtop-dev-keyring.gpg]
http://repos.bigtop.apache.org/releases/3.2.0/ubuntu/22.04/$(ARCH) bigtop contrib

Call
  apt update
and then
  apt search hadoop-yarn
which should show among other packages:

hadoop-yarn/stable 3.3.4-1 amd64
   The Hadoop NextGen MapReduce (YARN)

Best,
Sebastian

[1] https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/API_ListObjects.html
[2] https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/index.html
[3] https://github.com/aws/aws-cli

Posted by bigtapp_root_aws quek <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
Sorry to be so chatty. When I accessed repos.bigtop.apache.org, it only
showed /releases/1.0.0 and release/1.1.0.  Am I missing something?

Posted by bigtapp_root_aws quek <bi...@gmail.com>.
Everyone, thanks very much.  I will try it now.  Appreciate everyone's
contribution.

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.com>.

Posted by bigtapp_root_aws quek <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,