Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2016/11/04 14:48:30 UTC

Re: Syncope .deb installation, no resources tab

On 04/11/2016 15:44, Thomas Maerz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I\u2019ve just installed Syncope on Ubuntu Server 16.04 using the .deb packages. I am looking to create an Active Directory Connector. The connector bundle is in the bundles directory out of the box, but my installation does not have a resources tab in the syncope-console. I\u2019ve read the documentation and I don\u2019t know what I am doing wrong. Can the .deb installation not utilize resource connectors or am I doing something wrong?

Hi Thomas,
which version are you running? It looks like you are looking at the wiki
pages, which are working for Syncope prior to 2.0 (e.g. 1.2, 1.1, ...),
not for 2.0 and above.

I would suggest to take a look at the official docs:

https://syncope.apache.org/docs/getting-started.html
https://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html

This tutorial might also be useful for your use case:

http://coheigea.blogspot.it/2016/08/pulling-users-and-groups-from-ldap-into.html

HTH
Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiricc�

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Syncope .deb installation, no resources tab

Posted by João Graça <jo...@hltsys.pt>.
Hello Thomas,

In order to contribute a little to the community, hero goes what i did
(maybe some steps i forgot) to connect to AD, from the fresh install of
CentOS...

Install java 8 (from tar.gz, not from package manager)
install maven (from tar.gz, not from package manager)
install tomcat8.5 (from tar.gz, not from package manager)

Somehow followed this links:
https://github.com/Tirasa/syncopeOnJBoss/blob/master/README.md
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Run+Syncope+in+real+environments
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Configure+an+Active+Directory+resource

Basically,
~# mkdir -p /opt/syncope/bundles
~# mkdir -p /opt/syncope/log
~# mkdir -p /opt/syncope/conf

~#mkdir build
~#cd build
build# mvn archetype:generate
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.syncope
-DarchetypeArtifactId=syncope-archetype
-DarchetypeRepository=http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
-DarchetypeVersion=2.0.3

(here follow the prompts)
build#cd syncope
syncope# mvn -Dconf.directory=/opt/syncope/conf
-Dbundles.directory=/opt/syncope/bundles
-Dlog.directory=/opt/syncope/log -P all clean package

syncope# cp core/target/classes/*properties /opt/syncope/conf/
syncope# cp console/target/classes/*properties /opt/syncope/conf/
syncope# cp enduser/target/classes/*properties /opt/syncope/conf/

syncope# cp core/target/syncope.war /opt/tomcat8.5/webapps/
syncope# cp console/target/syncope-console.war /opt/tomcat8.5/webapps/
syncope# cp enduser/target/syncope-enduser.war /opt/tomcat8.5/webapps/
syncope# cp console/target/syncope-console.war /opt/tomcat8.5/webapps/

Probably you will find some problems with permissions or something,
remember to check that.
And before mvn package confirm the configs in
core/src/main/resources/domains/Master.properties
core/src/main/resources/persistence.properties
core/src/main/resources/provisioning.properties
core/src/main/resources/persistence.properties

Here you'll find some more help with the configs
https://github.com/apache/syncope/tree/master/fit/core-reference/src/main/resources

With the syncope up and running...
Connector definitions:
SSL
	true
hostname
	your hostname
retrieve deleted users
	true
server port
	636
retrieve deleted groups
	true
trust all certs
	true
principal
	your windows server admin, probably like
CN=Administrator,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com
root suffixes
	DC=example,DC=com
default people container
	CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com (or where you want the users)
default group container
	CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com (or where you want the groups)
user search scope
	subtree
entry object classes
	top; person; organizationalPerson; user; group; inetOrgPerson
group search scope
	subtree
custom user/group search filter
	leave empty
base context for user/group entry searches
	CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com
group members reference attribute
	member
Group owner reference attibute