Posted to user@roller.apache.org by David Castañeda <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/13 21:05:57 UTC

RSS Feeds 3.0

Can anybody point a reference or help me on configuring a "global RSS" for
my site.. I just installed roller 3 but it doesn't seem to have an option to
do this.

As now I only can get rss for single weblogs.

Regards

--
David Castañeda R.

Re: Is it possible to authenticate the commenters

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback and the detailed use-case Steve. I hope to
address some of these issues in the very near future, but the work
will (almost certainly) apply only to Roller 3.2 or later.

- Dave

------

------

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
And if you have ideas about improving the CommentAuthenticator, nows a
good time to speak up. We're considering some changes to the comment
servlet to add CommentValidators. See:
http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Proposal_CommentValidators

- Dave

Re: Weblog Navbar

Posted by Emily Lynema <em...@ncsu.edu>.
Billy,

Are you an official administrator for the roller installation? Based on
my experience with roller 2.1, I don't think the extended menu options
appear unless you are, even if you are logged in.

-emily lynema

--
Emily Lynema
Systems Librarian for Digital Projects

Re: Weblog Navbar

Re: Weblog Navbar

Posted by Richard Jones <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Billy,

Check-out the roller30-template-guide.pdf and you can see all the
macros available.

The following macro supplies the navbar you currently see:

#showPageMenu($model.weblog)

The additional nav links are available using this macro:

#showAuthorMenu(true)

Cheers,

Richard

On 14/12/06, Billy O'Connell <bi...@tanval.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to this mailing list.  I have set up roller 3.0:
> Roller Version: 3.0
> Application server:Jboss-4.0.5
> Database:Oracle 10g
> Java: 1.5.0_01
> O.S:RHEL 4.0
> Browser:Firefox
>
> I am going through the user guide and how to set up different things, but I notice that my weblog navbar only contains the following:
>
> Navigation
>
>     * Front Page
>     * Weblog
>     * New Entry
>     * Settings
>     * Logout
>

> In the documentation, it seems there are many options that I do not have, such as:
> Create & Edit:New Entry
> Create & Edit:Edit Entries
> Create & Edit:Categories
> Create & Edit:Bookmarks
> Create & Edit:Uploads
> Create & Edit:Referers
> Preferences:Settings
> Preferences:Theme
> Preferences:Templates
> Preferences:Members
> Preferences:Pings
> Preferences:Custom Ping Targets
>
> It seems without these links I am unable to setup my blog as I wish.  Is there some property I need to edit to have these appear?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Billy

RE: Weblog Navbar

Posted by Er...@sanofipasteur.com.
These are only shortcuts.
You have access to them through "settings".

Eric

[...]

"Cette communication (y compris les pieces jointes) est reservee a l'usage exclusif du destinataire (des destinataires) et peut contenir des informations privilegiees, confidentielles, exemptees de divulgation selon la loi ou protegees par les droits d'auteur. Si vous n'etes pas un destinataire, toute utilisation, divulgation, distribution, reproduction, examen ou copie (totale ou partielle) est non-autorisee et peut etre illegale. Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration et son integrite ne peut etre assuree. Sanofi Pasteur decline toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete modifie ou falsifie. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire immediatement et d'avertir l'expediteur de l'erreur de distribution et de la destruction du message. Merci.
This transmission (including any attachments) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential information including trade secrets which are privileged, confidential, exempt from disclosure under applicable law and/or subject to copyright. If you are not an intended recipient, any use, disclosure, distribution, reproduction, review or copying (either whole or partial) is unauthorized and may be unlawful. E-mails are susceptible to alteration and their integrity cannot be guaranteed.Sanofi Pasteur shall not be liable for this e-mail if modified or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender of the wrong delivery and the mail deletion. Thank you."

Antwort: Weblog Navbar

Posted by Thomas-W Hofmann <th...@db.com>.
Hi Bill,

There are different templates which show one-or another way how the pages
can be set up.

Some do only include the Weblog - Menu - others also include the
Author-Menu.

However, to get it in your Template just add this piece of code :

        #if( $utils.isUserAuthenticated() )
                   #showAuthorMenu(true)
        #end

It also makes sure it is only shown when a user is loged in.

best regards

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Thomas Hofmann

"Billy O'Connell" <bi...@tanval.com> schrieb am 15/12/2006
00:33:53:

--

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

Weblog Navbar

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Lihn, Steve" <ho...@merck.com>.
To elaborate this issue a little more.

When a user makes a comment to a blog, he provides his name. We need to
find a way to validate this person is really who he claims to be. I have
browsed the web on this issue and found some interesting links. But it
appears some links are 2 years old...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Roller+comment+Authenticator

It seems that I can provide a custom class to authenticate the comment
via comment.authenticator.classname property. Is this feature working in
3.0?

We have put ClearTrust (WPM) in front of Roller. WPM seems to provide an
environment variable HTTP_CT_REMOTE_USER, which is the registered user
id. If in the custom class, I can compare or append the user id to the
commenter's name (if I requires users to provide his user id in the name
field), then I can authenticate who is making the comment.

Will this work? Is there more documentation how to write the
commentAuthenticator class?

Thanks,
Steve

Re: RSS Feeds 3.0

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.
You can do this by going to the Server Administration page and doing 2
things ...

1. set a value for "handle of weblog to serve as frontpage blog"

2. check the box below it titled "enable aggregated frontpage feeds"

this will enable the frontpage blog's feeds to be an aggregation of all
blogs for you installation.  so for example if you have a blog called
"main" which you use for the frontpage then the url should be something
like ...

/<your app context>/main/feed/entries/atom

-- Allen