Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Wordit Ltd <wo...@googlemail.com> on 2010/11/05 20:21:36 UTC

CouchDB hosting services and same-domain origin

Can anyone confirm this please. There seems to be one limitation to
using a CouchDB hosting service like CouchOne or Cloudant. To use
online payment systems, or third-party authentication, server-side
scripting is required e.g. using PHP.
You cannot do these actions on another server because the same-domain
origin policy prevents this.

Or is there any way to retrieve info like Paypal payments or OpenID
authentication on one server and then securely pass that info to the
database on the hosting service?

Thanks,

Marcus

Re: CouchDB hosting services and same-domain origin

Posted by Gabriel Farrell <g...@grrawr.com>.
If you're wondering how to do this for a CouchApp, you might look at
the setup Mikeal talks about (NodeJS behind CouchDB) at
http://jsconf.eu/2010/speaker/nodejs_couchdb_crazy_delicious.html
(especially at around 12:15).

Posted by Gabriel Farrell <g...@grrawr.com>.

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
You might look into something like postMessage[1] for passing
information between iframes. Then you can load the payment system or
part of couchapp in an iframe and pass information between them.

Disclaimer: This sort of front end stuff is not my expertise, so I
hope I'm pointing you in the right direction.

[1] https://developer.mozilla.org/en/dom/window.postmessage

Posted by couchdb user <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marcus,