Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thomas Kübler <t....@variex.de> on 2004/09/16 14:59:09 UTC

license-key for one jar-file

hallo,

i have one jar file in the web-inf/lib which needs a license-file to work.
the license-file must in the same directory, told me the developer. so i
put
the license-file in the same directory, but it seems, that the library
can't
find the key. where i have to put the license-file?

all is running with tomcat 5

thanks

thomas kübler

Re: license-key for one jar-file

Posted by John Villar <jo...@florhard.com>.
First things first.... tell your provider that using the notion of
"current working directory" on java is bad practice. Probably you will
want to put the license key on the tomcat root (not webapps/ROOT, just
the directory where tomcat is installed). When you try to acces a file
(at least on the 5.0.x branch) that directory is used

John Villar
Gerente de Proyectos
Computadores Flor Hard Soft 2058 C.A.
www.florhard.com