Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by buzlite <bz...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/01 14:54:42 UTC

deleting features

In
https://localhost:8443/catalog/control/EditProductFeatures?productId=FA-001

Ofbiz permits the deletion of features from product variant.  Since the
feature has a from/thru date, I would expect that the user would simply
retire the feature if unneeded rather than deletion.  Could someone confirm
this?

tia

Re: deleting features

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
It's just something that can be improved, eventually it will bother
someone enough that they submit a patch to change it.  You are more
than welcome to be that person :-)

Regards
Scott

Re: deleting features

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Inline:

--
Ashish

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>wrote:

> I'm thinking more in terms of why should we delete it rather than why
> should we keep it.
> For reporting purposes it could be very useful to know what categories a
> product was attached to at a given point in time.  Perhaps sales dropped
> after the product was removed from the category but since we deleted the
> record we have no way of discovering that.

+1

Re: deleting features

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Scott Gray" <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>
> I'm thinking more in terms of why should we delete it rather than why
> should we keep it.
> For reporting purposes it could be very useful to know what categories
> a product was attached to at a given point in time.  Perhaps sales
> dropped after the product was removed from the category but since we
> deleted the record we have no way of discovering that.

Yes, indeed

Jacques

Re: deleting features

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
+1 - Audit trails would be better if we did better at saving history.
Why not just expire them when people want to remove them from a
category?

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Re: deleting features

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: deleting features

From: "Scott Gray" <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: deleting features

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: deleting features

From: "buzlite" <bz...@gmail.com>

Re: deleting features

Re: deleting features

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
It sounds like both options are possible although in general records
should be expired rather than deleted.

Regards
Scott

Re: deleting features