Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ravi Prakash <ra...@ymail.com> on 2015/07/06 20:20:37 UTC

Re: YARN and LinuxContainerExecutor in simple security mode

Hi Tomasz!
I believe that's true.

Ravi

     On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 4:56 AM, Tomasz Fruboes <To...@fuw.edu.pl> wrote:

 Dear Ravi,

  thanks for answer. I went through the discussion in the ticket you
mention and did some experimentation. My understanding is the following
- as long as I dont explicitly allow for this using

  hadoop.proxyuser.username.groups
  hadoop.proxyuser.username.hosts

user processes spawned by yarn on worknodes will always run with the uid
of that user. Is that right?

  Thanks,
  Tomasz