Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tim Chen <tc...@tampabay.rr.com> on 2004/01/26 22:58:17 UTC

Changing name of plugins?

|Is there a way to automagically change the name of a plugin?

For example: the newest cactus maven plugin is downloaded via.

    maven plugin:download -DartifactId=cactus-maven -DgroupId=cactus
-Dversion=1.6dev-20040115

Unfortunately, that causes a problem since the 'original' name is
maven-cactus (similar to the other maven plugins).
In particular it is maven-cactus-plugin-3.2.
So doing the line above will not remove this plugin.

Without having to manually delete the plugin and rename the new one.. is
there a way to give it a name to use?

For example:

||    maven plugin:download -DartifactId=cactus-maven -DgroupId=cactus
-Dversion=1.6dev-20040115 -Dfinal.name=maven-cactus-plugin-3.3

??
Thanks,
-Tim

RE: Changing name of plugins?

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Tim,

The answer is no and in any case, the new name is "cactus-maven", not
"maven-cactus-plugin" so it would defeat this purpose if there were a
way for you to rename plugins.

The current solution is to simply manually delete the 'original' plugin
in your .maven/plugins directory + in your mavenhome/lib dir.

I guess the best solution would rather be to provide a plugin:remove
goal that can remove a plugin.

-Vincent