Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Vikash kumar <vi...@tracesoftware.in> on 2016/05/19 09:55:11 UTC

Need to find RCA/Request for CPU and Memory usage on my Production server in Jmeter

Hi All,

I've a scenario where something(requests) is putting heavy load in terms of
CPU and Memory in the Application server(Production Server). The issue
which i am facing is i can't install any tool or plugin on my application
server since it's a live production server and using jmeter i have to pin
point the issue/request because of which it's increasing the load
exponentially.

Also i can send the request to the production server using Jmeter sampler
but again not sure how to get the CPU and Memory usage data on the
production server(not on the system where i've installed jmeter) by sending
these requests.

Your help/ideas will be very helpful.

Thanks,
Vikash

Re: Need to find RCA/Request for CPU and Memory usage on my Production server in Jmeter

Posted by Ivan Rancati <iv...@gmail.com>.
If it's a production system, there should be a monitoring system (for
example Nagios, Icinga or similar) that monitors cpu usage, load and memory
usage.
Typically the data is updated every 5 minutes (is ok for generating alerts,
but too much for analyzing performance).
Maybe you can ask, just for the duration of the test, to generate data
every minute.

Or can you access snmp on the production server?

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 12:17 PM, Vikash kumar <vikashkumar@tracesoftware.in

AW: Need to find RCA/Request for CPU and Memory usage on my Production server in Jmeter

Posted by "Hoppe, Andreas" <An...@BDR.de>.
Hi Vikash,

if cannot install any additional software on the production server than only the snmp protocol might be a solution. If this is enabled on the production server than you can use different tools to get information about the production server remotely.

My best regards

Andreas

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neill Lima <ne...@gmail.com>.