Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/14 15:08:17 UTC

Graphical glitches on Draw 4.0

Just draw a thick line and see if you can reproduce this

http://people.apache.org/~rgb-es/Draw-341vs400.png

On the left, 3.4.1, on the right, 4.0. As you can see, handlers are
misplaced on 4.0. There is also a lot of "noise" when you move an object
around con 4.0

http://people.apache.org/~rgb-es/Draw-400noise.png

This problem is absent on 3.4.1.

I'm testing the 64 bits Linux build. From the Help → About

AOO400m2(Build:9701)  -  Rev. 1491860
2013-06-11 15:16:25 (Tue, 11 Jun 2013) - Linux x86_64

Refreshing the screen with Ctrl-Shift-R fix the second problem, but not the
first one. I cannot find any related issue in bugzilla.

One user on ES forums reported that boxes like font name/size are not
repainting for him, but I cannot reproduce that.

Regards
Ricardo

Re: Graphical glitches on Draw 4.0

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 22:10:03 +0200
Juergen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am Freitag, 14. Juni 2013 um 15:43 schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
> > On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:24:43 +0200
> > Armin Le Grand <Ar...@me.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Ricardo,
> > >
> > > as I already wrote in #122456# I am very surprised how something like
> > > that can happen. I would be happy to be able to reproduce this. Could
> > > you give a step-by-step description and infos about machine/system
> > > running on? Maybe put it directly in the task and write that you canks
> > > in advance!
> > >
> > > Sincerely,
> > > Armin

> > > --
> > > ALG
> > >

> > I have just tested this and I'm getting the same effect using AOO 4.0.2 (buld 1489073) on Xubuntu 12.10.
> please don't use such a version number 4.0.2, we don't have released a 4.0.0 yet and it can be very confusing for external readers.

I may have been mistaken; I remembered that as the version number and didn't check.  Installing AOO 4 on another machine it said it was 4.0.0-2 during the install and perhaps that is what I misremembered.  In any case the build number is the significant item.

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Graphical glitches on Draw 4.0

Posted by Juergen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 17:06:18 +0200
Armin Le Grand <Ar...@me.com> wrote:

> On 14.06.2013 16:59, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> > On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:41:24 +0100
> > The problem still exists in AOO build 1491860 on Ubuntu, although not on the Windows version of that build.
> Yes, the commit is r1493078, you will need some patience ;-)
> >
> > Also, on Windows version (same build) the line widths are predetermined, on the side panel I could find no selection box into which one can enter a desired line width, or adjust the line width using the up/down arrows. To test in Windows, I had to use the line width selector on the Toolbar.
> In the Line panel (which you should see) is the Width dropdown. Drop it
> down to see predefined widths and a input box for custom value.
> HTH!

Got it now, Armin! I was getting the custom line widths, but was working in too small a window, so that the input box fell under the window edge.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Graphical glitches on Draw 4.0

Posted by Armin Le Grand <Ar...@me.com>.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 16:20:25 +0200
RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/6/14 Armin Le Grand <Ar...@me.com>
>
> >     Hi Rory,
> >
> > Thanks a lot! I can now reproduce, recativated the task and I am on it ;-)
> >

> You are fast! While I was submitting a short screencast to the report, you
> fixed it! Many thanks!!
>
> Regards
> Ricardo
>

> > Sincerely,
> >     Armin
> >

> > On 14.06.2013 15:47, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
> >
> >> On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 14:43:22 +0100
> >> Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie> wrote:
> >>
> >>  On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 15:24:43 +0200

> >> correctly, so the problem is probably localisable to the display module.
> >>
> >>  --
> > ALG

Earlier, where I said AO0 4.0.2 I was wrong: it is AOO 4.0.0, but the build number I gave was correct.

I have now tried using AOO 4.0.0 (build 1491860) on Windows XP SP2 and the display is good, without the problem.

I am using the prebuilt snapshots, not building myself (no time!)

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Graphical glitches on Draw 4.0

Posted by Armin Le Grand <Ar...@me.com>.
     Hi Ricardo,

On 14.06.2013 16:20, RGB ES wrote:
> 2013/6/14 Armin Le Grand <Ar...@me.com>
>
>>      Hi Rory,
>>
>> Thanks a lot! I can now reproduce, recativated the task and I am on it ;-)
>>
> You are fast! While I was submitting a short screencast to the report, you
> fixed it! Many thanks!!

Well, thank you to bring this up again. I had this somewhere in the
backhead and hoped to be able to reproduce it. Also I was lucky having a
linux build ready for debugging ;-)

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
2013/6/14 Armin Le Grand <Ar...@me.com>

>     Hi Ricrado,
>
> how do I open webm format...?
> Interested because I still look for a good format/tooling to do some
> screencasts for the AOO4.0 feature page ;-)

VLC. But be sure to install all codecs first.

I did a clumsy screencast of the sidebar some days ago:

http://youtu.be/L4T1uTn7p0U

I still need to learn how to do those things better...

I used a strange tandem: RecordItNow on top of RecordMyDesktop, setting the
bitrate of it (through RecordItNow UI) to 2000000. But that only provides
ogv videos that are not accepted by youtube, so I converted the ogv to webm
with VLC, to obtain a video of same quality but something like one third of
its size :)

Regards
Ricardo

Posted by Armin Le Grand <Ar...@me.com>.
     Hi Ricrado,

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Armin Le Grand <Ar...@me.com>.
     Hi Rory,

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.

Posted by Armin Le Grand <Ar...@me.com>.
     Hi Ricardo,

--
ALG

Re: Graphical glitches on Draw 4.0

Posted by Tsutomu Uchino <ha...@gmail.com>.
2013/6/14, RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>:
> Just draw a thick line and see if you can reproduce this
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rgb-es/Draw-341vs400.png
>
> On the left, 3.4.1, on the right, 4.0. As you can see, handlers are
> misplaced on 4.0. There is also a lot of "noise" when you move an object
> around con 4.0
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rgb-es/Draw-400noise.png
>
> This problem is absent on 3.4.1.
>
> I'm testing the 64 bits Linux build. From the Help → About
>
> AOO400m2(Build:9701)  -  Rev. 1491860
> 2013-06-11 15:16:25 (Tue, 11 Jun 2013) - Linux x86_64
>
> Refreshing the screen with Ctrl-Shift-R fix the second problem, but not the
> first one. I cannot find any related issue in bugzilla.

Here you are:
https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=122456

Regards
- Tsutomu