Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Vijay Sitaram <vj...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/14 01:00:27 UTC

Strange Install problem with JetSpeed2 on Linux

Hi All,

    We are really having a hard time installing JetSpeed2 within my environment.  We downloaded the binary distribution and trying to install with java -jar Jetspeed2.0-MultiDB-install.jar.  However, the installer shows an Ant Extracting screen which disappears within a moment and just "hangs" for several minutes.  The ant.install.log file shows the following:
Logger initialized
Ant basedir:/tmp/antinstall
Config loaded
Created UI classes
Fatal exception:Width (0) and height (0) cannot be <= 0
Installation error:Width (0) and height (0) cannot be <= 0:class java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

    Relevant environment variables for user root are as follows:

JAVA_HOME=/opt/jdk1.5.0_10
JRE_HOME=/opt/jdk1.5.0_10/jre/
MAVEN_HOME=/opt/maven-2.0.4/
PATH=/opt/jdk1.5.0_10/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/opt/ant/bin
CATALINA_HOME=/opt/apache-tomcat-5.5.20/

    We just want to get JetSpeed2 installed on Tomcat Servlet engine ASAP.  Any help in resolving our issue
greatly appreciated.  Please cc your response directly to this email address.

    Best regards,

Vijay

---------------------------------

Re: any support for jestspeed 1.x?

Posted by b....@valbosoft.com.
Hello,

Valbosoft uses jetspeed 1 and sells a portal solution based on jetspeed 1
which includes a content manager and integrated newsletter functionality;
you can contact me for further information.

Regards,

Bo van Weert
tel. 902 014 180
(00 34) 96 393 19 77
fax. 96 360 69 13
http://www.valbosoft.com
soporte técnico: soporte@valbosoft.com

"David Psiuk" <ap...@salesfactory.org>
14/02/2007 19:56
Por favor, responda a
"Jetspeed Users List" <je...@portals.apache.org>

Para
"'Jetspeed Users List'" <je...@portals.apache.org>
cc

Asunto
any support for jestspeed 1.x?

hello there.

is there still someone who supports or uses js1.x?

best regards

any support for jestspeed 1.x?

Posted by David Psiuk <ap...@salesfactory.org>.
hello there.

RE: Strange Install problem with JetSpeed2 on Linux

Posted by "Timony, Michael" <Mi...@FMR.COM>.
I had something similar happen sometime ago, and I think some
environmental variable was causing the problem (don't remember what
exactly). Try logging in as a different user and test, consider creating
a new users with only JAVA_HOME set.

Luck
Mick

Posted by VJ Thinker <vj...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

      Thanks for the response, we are using RHEL4.  Here are the output of commands :

  [vijay@rh04 opt]$ uname -a
Linux rh04 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:27:17 EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[vijay@rh04 opt]$ ls -l Jetspeed2.0-MultiDB-install.jar
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 69710550 Feb 13 14:49 Jetspeed2.0-MultiDB-install.jar
[vijay@rh04 opt]$ sum Jetspeed2.0-MultiDB-install.jar
64479 68077
[vijay@rh04 opt]$

    Is there anything else we can try or would you suggest that we compile from source?

      Best regards,

  Vijay

"Timony, Michael" <Mi...@FMR.COM> wrote:
  I just tested it on a RHEL 3 system and it works fine for me.

This is using java version "1.5.0_06".

I have JAVA_HOME=/opt/SUNjdk1.5.0_06 but I don't have JRE_HOME set.

Maybe the file got corrupted when you downloaded it?

Run the file command on the jar:

$ file Jetspeed2.0-MultiDb-install.jar
Jetspeed2.0-MultiDb-install.jar: Zip archive data, at least v1.0 to
extract

And verify the file size, on my system it's:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 user user 69710550 Feb 14 13:37
Jetspeed2.0-MultiDb-install.jar

Mick Timony