Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Griselda Cuevas <gr...@google.com> on 2018/08/16 19:41:42 UTC

[Event] Open Source Challenge Mexico

Hi Beam Community,

The First Open Source Challenge Mexico is taking place today in IBM
Guadalajara Campus. The purpose of this event was to give Mexican Engineers
the opportunity to contribute to Open Source Projects. The two projects
that were the focus of this event were Blue Xolo and Apache Beam.

*We have had 8 engineers contributing to 5 Jira issues so far. *This has
been a great experience for the community and for the folks participating
in the challenge. Arianne Navarro, the organizer of this event, will share
with us more data and impact metrics after the competition ends, in the
mean time, here are some pictures of this great session [1].

I hope you enjoy!

P.S. If you'd be interested in hosting a Beam Hackathon, reach out via this
thread or the beam-events-meetups Slack channel [2].

[1]
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RXgCbkXuduzWd4WDIfbhyr0ktzP0iLVk?usp=sharing

[2]
https://the-asf.slack.com/messages/CA8D5DPHQ/convo/CA8D5DPHQ-1534357996.000100/

Re: [Event] Open Source Challenge Mexico

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the invite, and congrats for the event.

By the way, I will share my slides with you (sorry I forgot).

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [Event] Open Source Challenge Mexico

Posted by Pablo Estrada <pa...@google.com>.
Hello everyone,

--
Got feedback? go/pabloem-feedback