Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Debabratta Jena <de...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/18 19:27:03 UTC

Access to Tomcat server has not been authorized

Hello Sir,

I have used glassfish in netbeans, now I changed to tomcat and when I
run my web application that I have created in glassfish gives me the
error :
**Deployment error:
  Access to Tomcat server has not been authorized. Set the correct
username and password with the "manager-script" role in the Tomcat
customizer in the Server Manager.**
I have added a role with name "manager-script" in conf/tomcat-user.xml
but where is my Server Manager? I did'nt find it.
Please help me.

thanks and regards
--
debabratta jena

Re: Access to Tomcat server has not been authorized

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
>________________________________

In my opinion, NetBeans does this the "correct" way (or nearly correct way).

When you set up a server in NetBeans, you'll need to supply the user name and password for an account with the manager role (Tomcat 5.5, Tomcat 6.0) or the manager-script role (Tomcat 7.0). NetBeans uses this and an Ant task to deploy, undeploy, reload, and otherwise deal with applications running on various Tomcats.

I'm going to assume NetBeans 7.x, since versions prior to 7 did not support Tomcat 7.

If you didn't set up a user with a manager-script role in NetBeans, then do the following:

1. In the Servers Window expand the Servers node
2. Right-mouse click on the server in question
3. Select Properties from the drop down menu
4. Click on the Connection tab in the configuration wizard
5. Fill in the Username and Password
6. Click on the Close button

For a particular project (once you have it open), do the following to associate it with an installed (NetBeans is aware of) server.

1. In the Projects Window, right-mouse click on the project
2. Select Properties from the drop down menu
3. In the project wizard, select the Run node
4. Select the appropriate server from the drop down menu
5. Click OK to save

NetBeans will only let you select the server capable of running that particular project. It determines the appropriate version by parsing the web.xml file (I think).

just my two cents . . . .

/mde/

Re: Access to Tomcat server has not been authorized

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.