Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Karen Goh <ka...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/12/12 05:11:38 UTC

which TomEE to download?

Hi,

I have been struggling with this one-to-many and many-to-one relationship in JEE web application for the longest time in history.

Recently, I came to think that it might have to do with the server cos I am using Tomcat Server.

Correct me if I am wrong.

But, now I intend to use Java EE with CDI to work with a server that can handle the insertion of one entity to another entity to MYSQL database.

However, at the download page, I saw that there is plume version, TomEE plus version.

Which version should I use ?

I am running using maven Web, Java 8, Java EE 4, with MYSQL 8 and Eclipse in Windows 10.

Tks & regards,
Karen

Re: which TomEE to download?

Posted by Bruno Baptista <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Karen,

Here you have a comparison of the different TomEE versions:
http://tomee.apache.org/comparison.html

 From the context you present, you'll do fine with the Plus version.

Regards.

Bruno Baptista
https://twitter.com/brunobat_

Re: which TomEE to download?

Posted by Matthew Broadhead <ma...@nbmlaw.co.uk.INVALID>.
i use TomEE plus as it is full apache stack (MyFaces, OpenJPA). TomEE
plume has glassfish stack (Mojarra, EclipseLink).  you should get better
support here with plus as everything is developed here. you would get
support for Mojarra and Eclipselink over where they are developed if you
choose that stack.  it is up to you what your requirements are.

i also use eclipse with WTP.  it can deploy WAR but not EAR at the moment.

can you provide some code for how you are trying to create the
relationships in the db?  are you using JPA?